“Best Ayurvedic treatments”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mengwi
Sukhavati Ayurvedic Retreat and Spa
Ranked #1 of 22 Specialty Lodging in Mengwi
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Have just retuned from India and was able to compare first hand Ayurvedic treatments - Sukhavati Bali wins when it comes to oil treatments, and this was compared with the spas at the Imperial Hotel in Delhi and the Oberoi at Jaipur. Sukhavati have definitely the best abhyanga treatment with synchronised massage with two therapists.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Margo M

Reviewed November 27, 2012

If you want to go somewhere and be totally rejuvenated - Sukhavati Ayurvedic Retreat and Spa is definitely the place to go. I visited Sukhavati twice in 2012, once with my daughter and then with two friends. The Ayurvedic treatments were unbelievable, your body is detoxed and cleansed by the most amazing spa treatment. This is a place to give you body a total rest, with luxury surroundings and the most wonderful Balinese people to look after you. The focus is on you and your body - it was amazing. I will return soon.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Sukhavati is amazing and was a life changing experience for me. The retreats grounds were gorgeous and the Villa's were classy. I especially loved the outdoor style bathroom. Very cool.
You will not find more beautiful and caring staff anywhere and you really do feel like royalty when you stay. The food was great and the treatments were very relaxing. For me, meeting with Dr Sajartha and learning the Ayuverdic way has been life changing. I have severe food allegies and although I am still getting on top of it back here in Australia I now have the knowledge and understanding that I need to re-balance my body and leave these allegies behind for good.
It was the most relaxing and refreshing time I have ever had. I highly recomend a trip to Sukhavati if you have health problems or just for a relaxing refreshing retreat.

Room Tip: I checked out 4 different rooms and they were all great.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Richie G
Reviewed August 18, 2012

My husband and I spent a week at Sukhavati and we loved it. We were massaged with warm healing oils, marinated in ayurvedic herbs, steamed in spices and treated like a King and Queen. I absolutely loved my daily massages, facial, yoga and meditation sessions. The balinese therapists were far better than the panchakarma therapists we had in India. Sukhavati is 5 star on every level. Everything is served with grace and kindness. We loved the beautiful setting, the peaceful atmosphere and the treatments were world class. You'd have to search far and wide to find any spa retreat better than Sukhavati. The balinese treated us like family. It is so many things...luxurious, spiritual, romantic, relaxing and healing. I thoroughly recommend Sukhavati for a healing, pampering, well earned relaxing holiday. Angela F

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Angela F
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Friends had told me Sukhavati had saved their lives and after 10 days of total relaxation along with quality Ayurvedic treatments (you get 2 a day, a facial in your room and a treatment as prescribed by the visiting Ayurvedic Doctor who is AMAZING in the Spa) and food to cleanse the body and soul, I now totally believe them and am a convert.
I came home a new person, completely rejuvenated, at peace with the world and with skills that I have continued to practice since being home; Yoga and meditation.
The staff are wonderful, kind and caring people who look after your every need.
If you are a worn out by business or just totally exhausted by life generally, then Sukhavati is the place for you.
It really is as the name says... Abode of Peace.
PS my 20 year old daughter has also been to Sukhavati and she is a different person... Much more settled and also practices mediation daily... She highly recommends doing the meditation course if it's on offer when you're there... Steve Griffith is an amazing teacher she tells me.

Room Tip: The bottom villa with it's own private pool is huge and stunning; worth paying extra for.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Chris C
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I have stayed at Sukhavati twice.. Once for a wedding, which was amazing and most recently for the ayurvedic health retreat.. Both times have been absolutely sensational.. On my most recent trip, the treatments were fantastic, so relaxing and much needed to unwind and de-stress.. The staff, are the best and are like family.. I have now had the pleasure of meeting them twice and look forward to seeing them all again soon.. Kadek, Denny and everyone, thank you so much for making my stay so enjoyable and relaxing, you are all so fabulous, nothing is ever too much trouble.. Wish I could pack you all up and bring you back to our resorts in Australia..

Room Tip: Choose a poolside villa for your own private pool but all the rooms are good :)
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2012

The whole experience at Sukhavati was awesome, from the luxurious private villas, magnificent gardens and pools, amazingly talented panchekarma (PK) technicians and the most wonderful food I have ever experienced. The staff are all very gentle and caring and nothing is too much trouble. I have experienced PK in many places, but this is certainly by far the best experience I have ever had. The daily routine of a walk, yoga, meditation, breakfast by the pool, massages, , foot masages, lunch, facial, bike riding, meditation, yoga, dinner and then bed left me invigorated and re-inspired. I thoroughly recommend this wonderful retreat.

Veronica Lunn

Room Tip: i loved the private pool villas but all of the villas are very private and have their own charm
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mengwi
Fivelements Bali Retreat
Bagus Jati Health & Wellbeing Retreat
COMO Shambhala Estate
COMO Shambhala Estate
#3 of 10 in Payangan

Been to Sukhavati Ayurvedic Retreat and Spa? Share your experiences!