Alam Puisi Villa
Onje Resort and Villas(Tampaksiring)(Great Value!)
$59
UbudOne Villas & Resort(Tampaksiring)(Great Value!)
$39
Pesantian Villa(Pejeng Kangin)(Great Value!)
$48
$24
Nayaka House(Tampaksiring)
$34
Priceline
HOSHINOYA Bali(Pejeng Kangin)(Great Value!)
$481
  • Pool
Tapa Kawi Villas(Tampaksiring)
$117
Agoda.com
Tangkas house(Tampaksiring)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsprivate poolrice fieldsday bedfoot massagefree morninghoneymoon packagecomplimentary yogafree shuttlehoneymoon couplemorning walkcycling tourexcellent spayoga instructorhoneymoon cakemorning yogaafternoon teashuttle service
Reviewed May 24, 2016 via mobile

I stayed for five nights at the hotel and it was an OK stay all in all. I met up with a few friends there to explore the Ubud area.

The location is a little bit out there but frequent shuttles to and from Ubud are offered from the hotel.
Cleanliness was ok, bottles of water and fresh towels are provided each day.
The biggest downside unfortunately was the staff and their lack of knowledge as well as the discrepancies between the main house (Alam Puisi Villas) and the hotel room complex (Alam Sembuwuk) across the street.
Firstly, I wanted to extend my stay one night before and after my initial booking. Not only was it very very difficult to make the receptionist understand but what's more, he was unable to give me a price estimate and tell me if it was possible for me to stay.

The biggest downside, and frankly deception of guests is the restaurant/bar situation. We wanted to take a drink at the Alam Sembuwuk bar and asked for the drink menu. However, only two soft drinks and a large or small bin tang were available. The menus consisted of about 6 pages filled with cocktails, smoothies, juices, liquors and other beverages. It was impossible for us to learn why the selection was that limited and why the menu was not up to date.
As a result we went to the main house instead and had drinks there, only to learn that drinks where in general 10.000 to 20.000 IDR cheaper! Upon asking how that was possible, we were told it was because the hotel rooms across the street were newer than the main house.
Consequently, we started to have breakfast at the main house as well. Not only could we choose from 6 instead of 3 options but the portion sizes were bigger too.

The staff tries very hard to help and satisfy their guests, even if it does not always work out.
Also, the free yoga classes each morning at seven are a big plus!
With some improvements the hotel could be a hit.

Stayed: May 2016, traveled solo
1  Thank CaMa1900
Reviewed May 22, 2016

The place is really good, the staff is awesome, and nature is amazing. The hotel is 15 minutes away from Ubud; there are free shuttle buses. I highly recommend this place. It is one of the best places I've ever been in my life.

• Stayed: April 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 21, 2016

My wife and I love travel and we love it even more when we find a place like Alam Puisi. We booked here to get away and do a digital detox, we were able to do this and so much more.
We were picked up late from the airport by one of the fabulous drivers Wayan, and when we arrived at around 1130pm, they were waiting for us, showed us to our room and then let us get some shut eye to get over the travel.
Our room was so spacious, with a massive king size bed, excellent shower/bath/toilet facilties, large sitting area and our own deck, day bed and lap pool, we were so happy with what we had booked and we hadn't even met the staff or eaten anything yet.
The grounds are beautiful set on a small road about 15 minutes drive from Ubud, so nice and peaceful and surround by paddy fields of rice, so calming. The villas are owned by a poet so there are many of his works around the villas that you can take the time to walk and read.
Now the food, so very good. The breakfast was included and I tried the local choices each day, excellent and the lunch and dinner choice was even better. We ended up eating here 4 out of our 5 nights. The bar staff certainly know how to mix an awesome cocktail as well.
The villas have an excellent spa and while the prices are a little higher than what you find in downtown Ubud, the location is excellent, the staff very good at that they do and the fact that once you have finished your treatment you can take an easy stroll back to your room as definite plus over what's on offer down town.
The villas can also organise any of the trips you may want to do, they helped us with our sunrise tour up the volcano, a cycling tour from the volcano back to the villas, have a free regular shuttle service into Ubud and back, and day trips around Bali. You also can do yoga for free every morning and have afternoon tea included.
I've left the staff till last so that I can really emphasize how good they were. Being my first trip to Bali, we had been told of how good the local people are but nothing prepared us for how helpful and friendly the staff at Alam Puisi were. Every single person there seemed to be working as a team to ensure that each and every guest got the most out of their stay, from the people on reception, the drivers, the spa staff, the yoga teachers, the cleaners, the groundsmen and last but not least the restaurant staff. It was this thing alone that made our trip so very special. We will be telling everyone about you all and also Alam Puisi and we will definitely be back to take a break and disconnect to be able to reconnect. Thank you

Room Tip: Book one of the south facing rooms over the paddy fields
  • Stayed: May 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Deano_au
Reviewed May 21, 2016 via mobile

This place is so peaceful and quiet.
The staff there are so kind and happy.
The chef needs to be commended for the delicious food that is served. Absolutely first class.
Anyone wanting to get away and do absolutely nothing but relax this is the place to stay. Just brilliant.

Stayed: May 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 20, 2016

Stayed at Alam Puisi for 3 nights in a beautiful 1 bedroom villa with pool overlooking the rice fields. The grounds of the hotel were very well kept and peaceful. The staff are beyond friendly and go out of their way to make you feel welcome. The hotel also offers a number of free services such as morning yoga, guided walk and afternoon tea which was a nice perk. I highly recommend staying at Alam Puisi which is only a 10 minute shuttle ride from the centre of Ubud.

• Stayed: May 2016, traveled with family