“Beautiful gardens and delicious teas/coffees make for a fun tourist stop”
Review of Satria Agrowisata

Satria Agrowisata
More attraction details
Owner description: Coffee plantation where you can try and buy coffees, chocolates and teas. Also sell luwak coffee.
Portland, Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beautiful gardens and delicious teas/coffees make for a fun tourist stop”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

This was a really fun stop during our recent Bali trip. You walk through a beautiful garden and get to see cocoa, coffee, and other crops first hand. You also meet a lovely old lady roasting coffee beans, as well as the lewaks used in the coffee bean fermentation process along the way. Then different teas and coffees are served for free (the lewak coffee is availalble for $5 a cup). There is a gift shop where you can find cute wrapped coffees and teas which make excellent souvenirs. This, of course, is where they make money from tourists, but we were happy to pay the prices since we had such a great time on our visit.

Visited November 2012

• Indonesian first
  • Polish first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Coffee, tea, and luwaks...Oh My!!!”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

I really had a great experience here! Entering you wind through all sorts of paths leading through plants and gardens. First stop they were explaining the process and I was mesmerized by this sweet old woman roasting the coffee beans. She had the sweetest face you will ever see. We had a large group and they were ready to offer all of us free samples of about 10 or 12 coffees/teas. I particularly enjoyed the lemongrass tea! Although I found myself liking the flavored coffees, even though I don't normally enjoy coffee.

In the shop I do feel things may have been over priced but they were very smart in their gift packaging and made for great gifts and I was willing to spend a little extra on a more unique souvenir, rather than the typical magnets/key chains. They also reward you when you make larger purchases, so that was nice.

All of the staff were very nice and I didn't have the feeling of them pressuring sales at all, as another rating listed.

I would recommend this stop along your travels in Bali.

Melbourne, Australia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Nice experience - unfortunately overpriced products”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

At a jaunt where a tour operator takes you somewhere, you can expect that the products sold will be a lot more pricey than in a shop. However even with this expectation I was shocked at how expensive the coffee and tea was here. I'm talking on par with Australian prices for the tea and astronomical for the luwak coffee! 90,000RP for a small box of tea? 260,000RP for a VERY VERY tiny bag of luwak coffee?! You also have to PAY to try the luwak coffee (50,000 for a cup) it is NOT included. Raw cocoa powder is just as expensive as Australia. The vanilla pods were good value though. The saffron sold is NOT saffron but the more common saffron flower (same scam they pull in Egypt).
That was my main gripe, the prices and the semi hard sell by the workers.
Otherwise the view over a valley is lovely, most of the tea/coffee was quite good.
Showing of various spices/herbs/coffee plant/civets/roasting etc was good too. (The civets smell a bit!)
Bathroom could be cleaner.
You get some free peanut snacks which are nice.

GET YOUR SPICES/COFFEE/TEA FROM A SUPERMARKET!! I do believe all products are genuine but you can get genuine products from a supermarket as well...

Visited August 2012
3 Thank laineyagain
Melbourne
93 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 110 helpful votes
“Great customer service in very pleasant surrounds”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

A small coffee, tea and cocoa plantation with some very picturesque views over the fields. They demonstrate the processes used to make coffee, as well as having Luwak that you can see and pick up. (Note: Unless you have a special licence, you can't take luwak coffee legally back to Australia.)

Tasting is free for their varieties of coffees, teas and chocolates and if you like what you try it's available for purchase. From memory, there were 11 different drinks you could try (including luwak coffee). I can thoroughly recommend their lemongrass tea and ginseng coffee. We received excellent service there from Putu, who made us feel very special.

While tasting, you overlook the valley that forms the property. (Our driver said that this was one of the distinctive features of this plantation, unlike some other operations.) On your way down to the tasting area, there is also garden along the path featuring a variety of fruit trees and plants which they use in making products at the farm. Would definitely recommend this plantation for those interested in trying some local produce.

Visited August 2012