Right let's start by being honest here! If you are of a disposition that requires 'chic' then the Farr Bay Inn is not for you (and I doubt if owners Karan and Steve would want to dispute that) but if you are like me and appreciate a characterful building, a welcome, honest conversation, good food, good bar chat and a genuine willingness to help then the Farr Bay Inn will be the place for you. Incidentally, unlike a previous reviewer we found our bedroom to be clean, bright and airy with a lovely view from the window and with acres of room. As noted by other reviewers Steve took our bikes into a storeroom and had them ready at the hotel door for us leaving the next morning. You should also know that five minutes walk behind the Inn takes you easily onto one of the most spectacular Scottish beaches I have been on (and I have been on a lot). At lower tides on the right hand side there is a most beautiful concealed rock archway which, with a bit of effort, you can walk across. If you are fortunate to catch a sunset here on the beach then you will be privileged indeed. The nearby cemetery and church museum are well worth the 200 yard walk. Frankly, I would suggest that the Farr Bay Inn is a bit of a nugget!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled amongst the dunes of Farr Bay close to the beautiful village of Bettyhill on Scotlands North Coast, the Farr Bay Inn offeres a superb location for a relaxing getaway from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. With a welcoming atmosphere, log fire, lovely rooms & a well stocked bar. The Farr Bay inn (or F.B.I as its known locally) is popular amongst locals and holiday-makers alike. Built in 1819 and now a listed building, the F.B.I was formerly the home of the local minister until the Church of Scotland relocated to the village centre. It was established as an Inn in 1983. At the Farr Bay Inn, all our rooms have been recently renovated and are each characterful, cosy, spacious and light. Our rooms are fully en-suite and are equipped with Flatscreen TV & DVD players, Tea, Coffee & Hot Chocolate making facilities, Hair-dryers, a wardrobe, extra blankets and Hot Water bottles. An extra bed is available on request in our super king room and one of our twin rooms. Our Family room is equipped with a double bed and a double sofa bed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Farr Bay Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Farr Bay Hotel Bettyhill
- Farr Bay Inn Bettyhill, Scotland