“Great value and service”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Scourie
Scourie Guest House
Ranked #1 of 5 Scourie B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 10, 2012 via mobile

Having had some late bookings I had to give up my room to my clients on my tour in a local hotel, but managed to find Ken's b&b. The only room available was a twin non ensuite, but the bathroom was bang opposite. The only downside was having to queue at busy times for the bathroom. The room itself was clean and airy with tea making facilities but nothing more, I.e. tv for catching the weather forecast. However free wifi from 7am- 10pm meant I could browse the net.

Service was good as were the breakfast- only minor criticism are the questions at breakfast- tea/coffee toast with, before, with or after breakfast- too early to make decisions :) . I guess, having seen the domestic kitchen timing and preparation to feed everyone is key. The car park is a little tight but then again I was in a people carrier.

Great atmosphere here, guests from around Europe engaged in conversation during breakfast in the two conservatories. Very warm friendly welcoming place and great value- if you don't mind sharing the bathroom, which was always spotless when I went in.

• Stayed: June 2012

Reviewed April 17, 2012

We literally knocked on the door one eve after a long days travelling. We were met by Ken, who was so welcoming and helpful and accommodatingl.
We think they even gave us their dinner as they were'nt expecting us and no where was open in the village was open to eat at. The food was amazing!!!! Everything was homemade it was fantastic. Ken and Madeline were wonderful. The room was very clean and cosy. Ken even kindly rang us to tell us we left our flask at theirs. would highly recommend this homely place.
Hope you are both well Ken and Madeline!!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 15, 2012

A wonderful place to stay.

I stayed for 11 nights enjoying Ken and Madeline's wonderful hospitality and beautiful food and was very sad to leave. I cannot recommend Scourie Guest House highly enough and hope that I will be able to visit again. If you are lucky enough to visit, I recommend booking an evening meal as it is just superb - you will enjoy fabulous food in a lovely setting with super hosts.

Ken and Madeline are very welcoming and provide an excellent service. My room was lovely and comfortable with everything I needed and very thoughtful touches especially the fabulous home baking.

Accommodation - lovely, light, comfortable and restful with views across the village to the sea.
Food - home made bread and jams, freshly made orange juice for breakfast; dinners are just fabulous - each meal was beautifully prepared and presented and I thoroughly enjoyed every one.

Thank you Ken and Madeline for looking after me so well.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank K D
Reviewed April 14, 2012

2 Couples; very much enjoyed our night after being out in sun and wind all day. Also enjoyed breakfast prior to more sun and wind on Handa Island. Could not wish for a better place to stay or for better hosts.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 27, 2012

A great, secluded place run by Ken & Madeline. Extremely helpful and friendly approach to service.
I wasn't sure if I would definitely be able to make the trip but Ken was very accommodating and did his very best to keep me a room. Luckily, I was able to make it and I was very pleased I had!
This was a large party and Scourie was the overflow accommodation - I for one was glad I was overflowed.
Great breakfasts, great views and a lovely village.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 22, 2012

This B&B was recommended to me by work colleagues. After staying while in the area on business I fully agree. Comfortable rooms, well equiped, warm, clean and just great for a guest house. Then there is the food. Michelin star quality but with big plate fulls and at a fraction of the price. I stay and eat a lot in hotels and this far outweighs any for a fraction of the cost. Great little find. Can't recommend enough. Not licenced but you can bring your own and enjoy a beautiful meal in a lovely little guest house.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed December 8, 2011

Lovely welcoming owners, good rooms, very clean, amazing breakfast and dinner for a good price. Would definitely recommend!

• Stayed: November 2011

Been to Scourie Guest House? Share your experiences!