All reviews leisure facilities golfing break murder mystery golf weekend excellent golf would highly recommend this hotel lovely hotel bar food wedding party evening meal great weekend spa treatments enjoyable stay bar area afternoon tea reception staff sauna and steam room
Selected filters
Reviewed June 20, 2016

The hotel was clean & comfortable. Use of the Leisure facilities was available but we did not have time to use them. Good value room rate with good sized comfortable rooms. Breakfast was good but thought it a bit pricey.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
Reviewed June 16, 2016

The welcome we received in the hotel was wonderful, the receptionist who checked us in was welcoming, chatty and informative. The room was clean and spacious, with tea and coffee making facilities, an iron and a fan, which you will need in the summer as this hotel has not been fitted with air-con!

We had a DBB deal and had a wonderful meal included, no one could fault the standard of the food and we would definitely recommend eating at the hotel. The waitresses were polite and accommodating and brought our desserts and tea and coffee into the bar so we could watch the football. Again, brilliant service and quality of food.

Having had a long day running in an event many of our group turned in for an early night. At 10pm the wedding disco was in full swing, which is fine, it is 10pm. However, once the windows were opened because it was so hot and there was no air con, we could even hear the lyrics to the music which meant it was loud. Luckily I had my trusty ear plugs and got some sleep. However not all our party were so prepared and had to endure the music till the very early hours, perhaps as late as 3am!!

On check out the duty manager was not so apologetic and stated it was a wedding and some noise is to be expected.

However since, apology letters have been sent by the Operations Manager to the affected people in our party and that it would be looked into. This shows the hotel is well managed and aim to deliver a high level of service.

Breakfast was as you expect, English and Continental, though I found some items missing at 9:30am, half an hour before it was due to end. After getting a rough nights sleep, an early rise was not really an option, trying to savour the silence for a few more hours shut eye.

Would I stay here again, yes without a doubt, but I would be double checking if a wedding was in place and would require a room as far away from the noise as possible.

The service we received at this hotel was actually one of the best I have ever had and you only have to look at my reviews to see I have travelled a fair amount.

Room tip: Ask for a room as far away from the function rooms as possible.
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed June 14, 2016 via mobile

I stayed here recently for business. My company booked it for me and the impression was it was the best hotel in the area. Unfortunately, it did not stand up to my expectation. On arrival, the receptionist was without fault but once I entered my room, it went south.. There was a musty smell in the room, and the carpets were quite old looking. I got the impression that the bed hadn't been changed from the previous person as I found a brown chair pillow underneath the white bed pillows. I went downstairs and ordered a main course in the bar but couldn't eat it as it tasted foul. I went back to my room still hungry. I decided to have a shower before bed but the power in the shower was so bad that thankfully I didn't need to wash my long hair or i'd still be there washing the suds out. Breakfast was average. Not a huge selection, basic. Overall, I had a disappointing experience.

Trip type: Traveled on business
3  Thank ShellyB1978
Reviewed June 8, 2016

We love this hotel. In the last few years we have stayed here a dozen times. The staff are very friendly and will help you if you need assistance.
We have stayed in all types of room, standard, superior and suite. All are well equipped. Our last visit was a superior room, this had a kettle with Tea & Coffee, bottled water and biscuits. A smart TV, free wifi, and iron with board. Plenty of drawers and cupboard space. A table and 2 chairs.
There are 2 bars (1 attached to the golf club) The bar menu is good and there is a fine restaurant if you prefer.
The facilities available in the leisure area include a pool, sauna, jacuzzi and steam room are always used when we stay. My wife treated herself to massage in the Beauty Room while I played golf (reduced rates for hotel guests for a round of golf), the course is well maintained and challenging for my 23 handicap..
The hotel is a few miles off the A5 in a quiet rural spot, very idyllic for a leisure break.

Room tip: Always upgrade to the better room if you can.
Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 8, 2016 via mobile

I am writing this review following my wedding on April 16th 2016 at Ullesthorpe.

From the very first meeting we had at the venue, we were very impressed kindness and professionalism shown by he staff. Not only did they help with sorting the venue they also gave information and contacts for involved in the rest of the wedding planning.

They gave guidance and support throughout the whole process and always responded to any quieries we had no matter how small.

In one of the meetings we had, we discussed all the details and how the day will progress. This helped us to understand what would happen on the day and to put our minds as rest as we knew everything was sorted.

On the day the staff met us with red carpet and drinks even though we were ahead of schedule by 40 mins, which didn't phase them. We got shown the ashbey room, which was perfect and made sure everything was up to standards.

The hotel and grounds looked beautiful and we managed to get lots of pictures including shots covering the golf course.

The food was well presented and was excellent, the waiter service was superb. We also have a evening buffet for the evening do which was amazing and went down a treat.

We chosen an upgraded superior room which was well maintained, large and beautiful. Also the other guests who stayed over also mention how good the rooms were and comfy the beds. In addition we had an excellent breakfast provided the next morning with just our wedding guests which was a nice touch.

We would like to thank everyone involved at Ullesthorpe which helped make our wedding day extra special. We couldn't have asked for a better venue.

Date of stay: April 2016