My wife booked a weekend here for me as a birthday treat, and decided to go for one of the suites.
The room was huge, had two desks, a table and chairs, sofa, coffee table, and an enormous 6ft bed. The bathroom had a large bath and a walk-in shower. A little disappointed with the water pressure which meant the overhead and body level jets were fairly ineffective, but a minor gripe.
Soundproofing seemed very good, probably as well given the hen party taking place down the corridor!
The small filter coffee maker was a real boon, and you can get a proper jug of milk via room service/reception. There was a small fridge which was stocked with still and sparkling water, and was big enough to keep the milk in and a bottle of wine.
Car park is large, but during popular golfing times still gets crowded. There are electrical charging points for electric cars.
Check-in was quick, even though a large party has just arrived before us.
We had hoped to eat in the restaurant on the Saturday evening, but being popular with locals, even ringing a few days before arrival the restaurant was fully booked. If you want to eat there, call well in advance. We had room service on the Saturday, which was delivered quickly and was very good. We ate in the bar on the Sunday, when the restaurant was closed, but again the food was good and reasonably priced. First choice of wine was unavailable, and second choice took a while to arrive as the bar-person didn’t have the necessary keys! The hotel was very quiet on Sunday evening and there seemed to be few guests.
Breakfast was a buffet, which even on the quiet Monday morning was well stocked and gave a good choice.
The pool changing room is upstairs, which is a little odd. However, the pool and new sauna/steam-room were excellent. The Jacuzzi was a bit ‘foamy’ and was due to be closed for refurbishment. The male changing room was also, apparently, about to be refurbished as well. Towels are provided at the leisure reception and lockers need a £1 coin, which is returned.
We booked a massage, again well in advance, and we were very pleased with the service.
Overall, we were really delighted with the suite room, and impressed with the other facilities. We would be very happy to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally situated in the Heart of England our luxury accommodation, 18 hole championship golf course and leisure club makes BEST WESTERN PLUS Ullesthorpe Court Hotel an ideal location when visiting Hinckley, Rugby, Coventry and Leicester. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus Ullesthorpe Court Hotel & Golf Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Ullesthorpe Court Hotel And Golf Club
- Best Western Ullesthorpe
- Ullesthorpe Best Western
- Best Western Plus Ullesthorpe Court Hotel & Golf Club Lutterworth, England, UK