“Agreeable place for lunch”
Review of The White Swan

The White Swan
Ranked #1 of 55 Restaurants in Lutterworth
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We chose to ring and book a table but, as it turned out, we needn't have worried. I can see why you ought to though. This is a thoroughly pleasant place to come for a relaxing lunch. The smart refurbishment did take the eye but what stood out for me was the service. The staff could not have been nicer. The food was delicious and well presented. Chips cooked in duck fat were almost worth the trip in themselves. I had an excellent plate of pork and leek sausages and mash. I ordered a glass of rioja which was excellent, but served in a ridiculously huge glass. Such pretentiousness! Tasted good though. At this point, a couple of friends turned up. They had already eaten but it was obviously no hassle to accommodate another couple who ordered drinks and crispy pancake rolls, just to be matey. It was then I heard the beer list and kicked myself for missing out on that. Such a variety of unusual and characterful ales. The coffee was first rate and we were allowed to stay and chat for ages after the restaurant cleared.
I have one gripe. Why do these places-upmarket in every other way- have vile drum and bass thumping musak? Totally out of keeping with the modern feel of the place and, like the silly wine glasses, reflective of an era I had thought we were escaping from.
We will certainly go back.

Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

Me and my husband were reccommended The White Swan a few months back by some friends. We've since visited about 5 times, whether for lunch, dinner or just a quick drink and we absolutely love the place!! The menu isn't extensive, but what is on thete is excellent quality and cooked and presented to a high standard! My husband loves the guest ales/beers that are from local brewery's and I LOVE the chocolate mono (think that's what it's called?!) OMG... It's the best dessert EVER!! We'll be visiting The White Swan in a couple of weeks time for our wedding anniversary... Can't wait!!

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Excellent ambiance , lovely staff, and amazing food. By far the best restaurant in the area. Wonderful experience.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Have visited this restaurant several times since it opened and have withheld a review until I was certain we had not just hit a bad night!
First things first - the food is excellent, innovative and tasty, however, I'm afraid the staff and service are simply not matching the food offer. These observations are over several visits.
They seem more intent on catching up with their personal gossip around the till area than serving guests and we had several things missed from our order on each occasion. No bread was offered on one occasion, wine order forgotten on another, twice additional drinks orders took ages or didn't appear. Bills not brought or incorrect. There simply does not seem to be any true management of the clearly very inexperienced waiting staff. I am all for youngsters getting experience and money but you can't keep charging this sort of money without the back up of professional service.

When we left the restaurant the staff were all outside -mostly smoking and enjoying themselves - it really doesn't give a very good impression - just cementing the opinion that the customers were interrupting a good social night!

Great shame as this restaurant has/had the potential to be exceptional.

2  Thank TigersTog
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Our meal was a leaving do for a friend, and we had travelled to Rugby to visit and say goodbye. The White Swan was a real treat. Lovely, gastro-pub atmosphere. Lovely local ales on pump. Good spacious tables. Very friendly attentive service.

The food was of an excellent standard. The 'Runny-rabbit scotch egg' to start was a delight. Cooked to perfection - runny middle. Beautiful. Rib-eye steak as main was cooked well, tender, exactly as it should be. I would like the duck-fat chips to have been a bit crunchier. Just my preference.

The party of 10 round the table was thoroughly satisfied. Good wine selection. Keep up the good work.