“No improvement since our last visit”
Review of Cheikhos

Cheikhos
Ranked #19 of 49 Restaurants in Lutterworth
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 8, 2012

As mentioned in other reviews, Cheikhos has good kerb appeal. It's unfortunate that what goes on inside does not match up to the first impression the diner receives.
We live locally and have visited Cheikos sporadically over the last few years. Each time we have been disappointed but after the memory has faded, we have revisited to give the place another chance.
Unfortunately, our latest experience was no better. Our food was mediocre - I had the distinct impression that my vegetarian choice was a (not very appetising) way of using up leftovers - and the ambience in the restaurant was soured by the unwelcoming owner.
It's such a shame. Within the town there are plenty of restaurants and places to eat, but none that offer italian food. The restaurant should be packed, especially towards the weekend, but we dined in a less than half full room, were in and out within an hour and, frankly, glad to leave.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

Called in with my wife for her birthday, anyone who's looked at some of my other reviews will know she's a little difficult to please!
The restaurant was quiet, the waiter was polite and attentive. The 'taste the wine game' was performed well.
The starters were really lovely and they came with some home baked bread with a balsamic glaze, slight recommendation; some balsamic vinegar and olive oil separately would be better.
The main courses were very nice, my wife had a calzongne which was clearly made fresh as she was invited to pick her fillings.
Would recommend, I thoroughly enjoyed the meal and the evening

Reviewed August 5, 2012

We are regular visitors to this restaurant and still think that it is very good ,it was full on Saturday night so service was a little slow for two big tables of diners and they must look at bringing in extra staff to cope.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

Stumbled upon Cheikhos on Monday 9th July by chance, impressed by its rustic curb appeal. My hopes were high, but the food was on the disastrous side of disappointing. Mozzarella wrapped in panna ham was not very fresh and came with a strange brown sauce. Cacciatora (stuffed chicken breast) arrived with what appeared to be the same brown sauce and was inert and unexciting. The whole experience was a million miles away from authentic Italian dining. Ambience and decor were fine.
Maybe I was unlucky to visit on a quiet Monday night, when standards are lower than normal, but if this is the case they would be better to keep the doors shut. Cheikhos are certainly unlucky, as I am only reviewing as I have decided that I need to balance the fact they I normally only post after an excellent restaurant experience. To be this negative is no fun at all. I wish Cheikhos well but they will not see me again.

Reviewed June 16, 2012

For us, we used this restaurant v regularly but had not been for a couple if years. Now not good. Good bland. Really sad that it's not as good ad it was!