I stayed in the Greyhound Coaching Inn for one Saturday night with my husband and two year old daughter and we couldn't really fault anything. Staff were friendly and attentive.....even the other guests were fantastic! The Greyhound just had a great feel about it which I can't remember experiencing in any other hotel anywhere else in this country.
We booked a family room which surprisingly comprised of 2 seperate rooms - perfect for getting our toddler off to sleep whilst allowing us to relax in front of the telly in our own little seperate room with a bottle of wine (room 16). It wasn't the biggest of rooms but for a short stay it was ideal. My only critisism of the room was that the bed did seem to slope a little -but that didn't stop me having a good night sleep.
The restaurant was fully booked so we ate in the public bar which served the same menu as the restaurant. They also also offer a childrens menu. The food was excellent and VERY good value. Breakfast was again very tasty.
I would certainly recommend the Greyhhound Coaching Inn to anyone and I look forward to staying there again in hopefully, the not to distant future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Greyhound Coaching Inn and Hotel is a charming and traditional 18th Century coaching inn located in the south Leicestershire town of Lutterworth. A family-owned hotel, The Greyhound Hotel has been sympathetically restored by Robert Eggleston to provide an easy-going charm and welcoming atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Greyhound Coaching Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Greyhound Coaching Hotel Lutterworth
- Greyhound Coaching Inn Lutterworth, England, UK