All reviews pay and display four poster generous portions sunday lunch poster bed lovely old building piping hot stayed for one night car park an evening meal main building full english excellent value for money family room whiskeys ales wedding
Selected filters
Reviewed January 30, 2019 via mobile

This place is great. Built in the 1700s it has that certain charm that only comes with age. But it also has all the amenities like WiFi etc. The stars are the people that work here. Possibly better than you might find in many 5 start hotels sometimes. I will return.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed January 10, 2019 via mobile

Nice and warm welcome/farewell.
Nice large family room.
Good cleaning standard.
Fabulous english breakfast.
Perfect place if you fell the need to run away from the city for a quite week end.
Many thanks.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed December 23, 2018

Very pretty courtyard looking particularly spectacular with all its Christmas lights. We have been allocated the same room for two visits over the last 18 months but whilst spotlessly clean it definitely needs some tlc - the bathroom is in dire need of TLC and the bedspread had moth holes in it - I thought the price we paid was high for a room in this condition.

Under new ownership the practices in the restaurant have changed for breakfast, no individual jams/marmalades/marmite etc so having prewarned the person who took my booking of my gluten free requirement I did not feel secure enough to use condiments from larger jars used by everyone. Staff, on the couple of occasions we saw any, were nice although the receptionist when I left after breakfast did not seem to totally understand my comment about communal condiments but she agreed I had a valid point and would pass it on to the owners.

Having said all this, we did sleep well (once the noisy neighbours settled down) and the bed was comfortable. We use this Inn for convenience because they allow dogs in some of the rooms and a mere 2 minutes walk away from a Residential Home my mother in law lives in.

Car Parking is non existent, one has to use the public carpark right next door. We were lucky that it was a "free Saturday and Sunday no charge but for a weekday stay there are charges to be factored in.

Reviewed December 17, 2018 via mobile

Came here again with 15 other people for Sunday lunch. We all had carvery which was good.the place was packed which is a good sign. The service was quick although there was not a great selection of vegetables.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed December 12, 2018

I visited the Greyhound to give a Powerpoint Presentation to one of the many clubs who regularly meet at this gem of a location. I arrived quite early to set up and I must say, that the staff were most helpful including tow waitresses and two strong chefs (to manhandle a very awkwardly placed table). Once set up, did my exploratory walk about, beer in hand. The Greyhound is an 18th century coaching hotel exactly in the centre of Lutterworth. Beautifully and tastefully restored, one of those places where one can wander around and find interesting details in every nook and cranny. Expressed interest in the rooms and was show their pride of place - the Four-poster bedroom with a really MASSIVE 4-poster bed. All the facilities inc wi-fi and breakfast, about £150/night. Family suite available a£150/night also. Guests are encouraged to ring direct to get the best rate.
Had an excellent meal in a large private dining room upstairs (Garlic tart starter, baked salmon, Xmas pud and very good coffee) and gave my Ppt.
I'll be finding some excuse to go and stay the night with some of my children!

Room tip: Visit - the staff are very keen to show one around.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business