“Good food”

Ranked #3 of 51 Restaurants in Lutterworth
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Great food, worthy of a Michelin star. Can't say more than this as what else should one put to say great food! ............................!!!!!

Reviewed November 30, 2012

Two evenings ago we visits The Joiners in Bruntingthorpe. Our aim was to give it another try after our previous visit on a crowded Saturday evening in the summer; on that occasion, whilst my wife's meal was excellent my sirloin was extremely tough and the poivre sauce thin and tasteless. All credit to the manager he was apologetic (feedback was invited, I would have refrained but my wife insisted I voice my opinion). As we unlocked our car the manager had followed us out and gave us a money off voucher for a future occasion and asked that we give them another try.

So, this Wednesday evening we did and I deliberately chose the same sirloin dish (we were not remembered from our earlier visit). Well the difference was immense. Had I realised in the summer just what the dish should have been like I would have sent it back to the kitchen.

If you like the typical english pub type of establishment you will love The Joiners (they describe themselves as a gastropub). The service and food are very good. My only grumble would be that at busy times the seating is little too cheek by jowl for my liking. Pricing is also, in my opinion, on the high side. But if they can pull in the punters at that price level all credit to them. Overall this is delightful place to dine. Check heir website for specials and lunchtime offers which look to be excellent value.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

We've eaten here quite a lot. The menu doesn't change much but I could happily eat anything on it! It's very busy but we've never felt rushed to vacate the table. Very friendly and efficient service. Lovely atmosphere. Excellent house wine (New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc). The layout probably lends itself more to tables of 2 or 4 than large parties. This is not necessarily a bad thing if you are a table of two when there's nothing worse than being next to a large noisy party! Highly recommended.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

This a great restaurant hidden away in a cul de sac in Bruntingthorpe it really is a hidden gem.
The service is friendly and good. The food is outstanding.

8  Thank GF54
Reviewed November 3, 2012

We went here (on the recommendation of friends) for a celebratory lunch for 10 people last month. The menus had something for everyone, even for some fussy children. The food was excellent in quality and presentation, the choice of wines reasonable and service was excellent (the restaurant was not busy). We'll be back.

1  Thank Tim O