I just came back from Grand Avalon a few days ago.
The Resort on a whole was ok but was missing a few things for it to be considered a true 4 star.
Food wise it was not as bad like other people have mentioned.
Breakfast was poor. Everyday scrambled eggs( very salty) & Bacon which looked undercooked.
The yougurt & milk was not kept on ice. Not to crazy about having watery Yougurt & room temp milk. The coffee & juices were alright & the criossants were decent.
Dinner was everyday not hot. Even when they would bring out the fresh tray It was barely warm @ best. ( Very poor for a 4 star) Taste wise it was fine.
The rooms were nice but a little on the small side. No alarm clock or Radio. & my room did not have a hair dryer. The water temp varied in the shower. I told another guest about it & they also had the same problem. I would have it on cold but would still get very warm water & times.
The Air conditioning worked great. The cleaners did not do a great job @ cleaning the room. I guess my 2 euro tip everyday was not enough?? I have gotten better service & other hotels without leaving a dime.
The Hotel Shuttle service to the hotel beach was poor. There was a timetable in the lobby on when the shuttle would run. First was 10am. It would have been better if they would have one earlier even 9am. Because the sun is so strong already @ 11 it would have been nice to get there earlier. It does not run enough & I believe the last bus leaving the hotel beach was around 1800. Again it would have been nice to stay a little longer.
The food & the beach resto was decent & prices were fair.
There is a supermarket( Conad) 4 min walk downhill but a pain in the rear when u gotta walk up hill with all your food & drink. ( great work out though) also the walk to the City train station was 11min( brisk walk) and almost 20min walk back. it esp tiring if u have alot of things to carry. again a great workout. but really tiring!!!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Expedia, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Avalon Sikani reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Avalon Sikani Resort And Residence Sicily
- Grand Avalon Sikani Resort & Residence Sicily Hotel Gioiosa Marea
- Grand Avalon Sikani Gioiosa Marea
- Hotel Avalon Sikani Sicily/Gioiosa Marea, Italy