The hotel itself is quite nice and located on a mountain side. The pool area is fantastic. Food is pretty goos. Rooms modern and clean, with stunning views of Gioiosa Marea.
To get to the beach you will need to use the hotel minibus. Theoretically you should make a reservation at the reception. In reality its a race of who can get on the bus first! The only better option is to rent a car.
Because the road to the hotel is REALLY steep - this means that travel agency coaches usually stop at the parking entrance of the hotel. You will find yourself climbing up 300m with your suitcases.
In the summer, on saturdays there is usually a wedding reception at the pool area (this means loud music till late hours).
Reception staff are polite and helpful. Waiters at the restaurant sometimes forget to come over to your table and take drink orders. This is strange - because guests pay additionally for drinks!!!
I would not recommend.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Avalon Sikani reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Avalon Sikani Resort And Residence Sicily
- Grand Avalon Sikani Resort & Residence Sicily Hotel Gioiosa Marea
- Grand Avalon Sikani Gioiosa Marea
- Hotel Avalon Sikani Sicily/Gioiosa Marea, Italy