“Overpriced and not very clean”
Review of Hotel Puerto Real

Hotel Puerto Real
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in San Lorenzo
Hotel Puerto Real
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in San Lorenzo
Atlanta, Georgia
“Overpriced and not very clean”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

As far as Honduran hotels go this is not one of my favorites. It is a typical middle of the road Honduran hotel, but the prices are too high for what you get: 650 HNL/night for a one bedroom. I have stayed in nicer hotels for less. This price does include breakfast, but even as typical catracho breakfast goes, it wasn't very good. Staff is also distant and unfriendly.

The hotel was under construction when we arrived and much was in general disarray. They play loud music at the pool at night and it is hard to escape since all rooms face the pool. The rooms are not very clean and include a stuffy dated couch. The rooms do have air conditioning and internet access. The bathroom is unnecessarily large and the shower leaky and cold. I also believe I found rodent droppings in the bathroom.

Room Tip: All rooms face pool, but second floor rooms are slightly quieter.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank SegaSam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed April 13, 2012

I stayed here in April 11th for one night leaving at 6 am the next day. The price of a signal room was 650 Lempiras that came with a breakfast in the morning. But since we left before they started serving the breakfast we negotiated down the price of the hotel to 600L. One thing that I learned in Honduras especially in the Southern zone is that everything is negotiable. The hotel has an open air bar next to the pool that stays open until 10 pm and it plays loud music until then. One can hear the bass in their rooms until then as well. The hotel has a nice pool which I didn't go in but my co workers did and they spent a lot of time in it. The hotel has armed security which was welcomed. All of the staff were professional and helpful. The hotel is located at the entrance of the town when driving in from Tegucigalpa and is not near the mangroves. I had a single room which was huge as was the bath room which a twin sized bed could have fit it. Overall the room was clean but the bathroom sink was not completely clean. This didn't really bother me. However it did bother my co worker who was in the room next to me. We asked staff to clean her sink and they promptly did.

Room Tip: Negotiate the price.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank J-de-PDX
Santa Ana, El Salvador
Reviewed January 10, 2012

If you are in transit to El Salvador, this a very convenient hotel, but not a very good one. It's not very clean, its facilities are not in good conditions. The price is not good considering the conditions of the hotel. The only good thing about it is its location.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor north area are quieter as they are farter from the road, but if there is a...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank NESTOR_GOMEZ

Been to Hotel Puerto Real? Share your experiences!