Mercure Stafford South Hatherton House Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Moat House(Acton Trussell)
Oak Farm Hotel(Hatherton)
The Swan Hotel(Stafford)
View Hotel
All reviewsall inclusive dealnight breakboth morningsgreat weekendstayed here for two nightsfood was lovelywedding receptiontea coffeeyogurtalton towerssaunapubsstaffordshirevenue
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Stayed here on business in Oct as part of a group. The hotel from the outside looks ok but on the inside needs a refurb, public areas are run down. Bedroom I was in needs a good clean, it smelt of dogs it had been used by somebody before I arrived as there was a dirty towel on the floor and a newspaper wedged behind the radiator. Be aware that mainline trains run close to the hotel.
Staff ok but lacks any direction by management.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
HotelManagerStafford, Manager at Mercure Stafford South Hatherton House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Dear Sir,Madam
Thank you for your feedback of which i have passed onto my team to review.

Kind Regards
Peter Miller
Deputy General Manager

Reviewed October 28, 2013

We stopped over for the weekend to go to a show. The hotel entrance was OK but watch the steps when wet death trap comes to mind. Well check in was a barrel of joy the girl at the desk was as helpful as a ashtray on a bike. The room was very nice but was moved to another room as the shower was broken top marks for the manager on this. The breakfasts were very good but the meals at night need to be a little less expensive. When we checked out not even a thank you or did you have a nice stay. All in all top marks for the girls in the restaurant and the manager, but the reception staff need to go on a charm course,

Room Tip: Ask for one at the front as there is club at the back and is very noisy at the back at the weekend
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
HotelManagerStafford, General Manager at Mercure Stafford South Hatherton House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Thank you very much for your constructive feedback, please accept my apologies for reception we usually get positive comments on the team my apologies that it wasn't your experience this visit. Thank you also for your kind words regarding the rest of the team.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Me and my partner at the time stayed here November 2012.

We didn't make a great deal of use of all the facilities and actually booked it with a buy a gift voucher and were out and about exploring most of the time.

When we arrived we were given our room, perfectly adequate, comfy bed with an okay size tv and it was clean.

The walls were very thin and we could hear next door and people in the corridor. In the night the fire alarm randomly went off for no reason (only a short burst). But it was nearing 11.30pm and although we were awake I can imagine this woke a few people up.

We wasnt told on arrival that the package included dinner (it didnt say this on the buy a gift voucher either) so the first night we went out to eat. The second night we ate in the hotel and its when we went to pay we discovered dinner was included both evenings.

We did make use of the included breakfast. It was okay. I had scrambled egg on toast and my partner had a full english but it was literally the smallest full english I have seen in my life!

The dinner however was lovely, I had goats cheese to start and I believe I had steak. The only complaint I had is that the restaurant was empty.I did expect this as we went midweek but it was like sitting in a morgue! It was that quiet you could hear a pin drop. Eventually a party of 10 came in but it was still eerily quiet.

We paid for the drinks at the table (as I said, dinner was included) but on checking out the next morning they tried to charge us for the drinks again. It was eventually sorted and the bill amended.

All in all this hotel is average, its nothing special and quite pricey for what it is. However if I lived in the local area i'd give the food a go as it was lovely.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
HotelManagerStafford, General Manager at Mercure Stafford South Hatherton House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Thank you for your review both our menus and breakfast and much more has changed since last year - why not visit again ?

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Been coming back to this hotel on and off now for over 3 years its good a location quiet at night comfortable rooms staff very helpful overall pleased with my time here 5 minutes walk into village were plenty of pubs and places to eat

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Anthony W

Many thanks for your lovely feedback, see you again soon

Reviewed October 22, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
HotelManagerStafford, General Manager at Mercure Stafford South Hatherton House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013