“highly recomended”

The Bridgehouse Hotel
The Bridgehouse Hotel
Ranked #3 of 4 Penkridge B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 26, 2013

popped in on saturday night for a light meal with friends totally unplanned.
service was welcoming and efficient
food was great value and very good size portions.hot and tasty.
staff friendly,beer good.
we have always been impressed with sunday carvery which is great value too.
highly recomend a visit.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank fluffy62

Reviewed March 3, 2013

After eating here on a Saturday lunchtime on the 2nd March I was disgusted with the service from the moment we entered, very rude and unwelcoming manageress I assume she was anyway made us feel uncomfortable from the moment we asked for a table, the menus were in shocking dirty condition and we had to wait far too long for our order to be taken, food was awful when it arrived I ordered the Cajun chicken and salad was not dressed and sauce was really bland and the chips were greasy not pleasant at all, my partner ordered sausage egg and chips hard to get wrong but chips greasy as before and sausages split clearly fried ,even the eggs were undercooked.we will not be returning .

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank jonesr25900
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We booked this for a birthday dinner, there were 5 of us and we all have varied tastes so the wide menu choice was good. Starters came promptly and were tasty, the duck had too much sauce and skin and not enough flesh, but overall they were OK.

We ordered wine that did not arrive until part way through main meal, which was a little disappointing. The house wines were £12 a bottle and represented good value.

The main meals were huge. I had the cajun chicken salad which was very spicy. My daughter had the pork with mash and gravy, but did not like the gravy as it was too thin and had apple sliced into it. The rest went for steak and they were all perfectly cooked.

Puddings were ordered, my daughter had apple crumble, which was very nice, but far too small for the price. I had the sticky toffee pudding, which was not hot enough, the sauce was runny and we agreed that the consistency of the cake was slimy. It had no lightness or rise, it was like uncooked dough. Pretty apalling. the cheesecakes were good.

We were not offered coffee or other drinks and we had to go to the bar to pay. A large birthday party had come in whilst we were there and the staff were concentrating on that. There were at least another 4 or 5 tables of 4 and 5 people that were partly ignored once the party of 30 arrived. It would be a good place for such a party, but I don't think I'll be rushing back.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Lynne A
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Excellent carvery at the Bridgehouse. Staff very friendly and helpful. We went for the carvery and were not disappointed. Pork, beef and turkey to coose from, all looked delicious. I had the pork and some beef. The pork was lovely, lots of flavour and crisp tasty crackling. The beef for me was slightly over cooked, but this is a personal thing and the majority of people would probably like it as it was. There was a huge selection of vegetables to choose from and both boiled and roast potatoes. The leeks were especially good a long with the cauliflour. Yorkshire puddings were massive!
A thoroughly enjoyable meal in pleasant surroundings at the very good price.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank kayak22
Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

Stopped off here for a late evening meal, managed to get a table. Staff were friendly and eager to please.

The menu was disjointed there was a mix of curries, salads, steaks and pub grub. Always a little dubious when I come across a menu that has so many different styles. My parents had mixed grills which looked fine and tasted ok. My friend had a Cajun salad which wasn't very fresh and needed more variety. I chose duck, as soon as it was served I could see I made a mistake. The portion was small and drowning in too much sauce for the price of the mains there was not nearly enough.

Not sure I would eat there again. I think the menu is struggling to find it's identity; Indian, Chinese, American or English. Stick to one and make it great.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Digby606
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Recently ate at this pub/restaurant. Was a little put off that we were the only people in there on a Saturday afternoon but staff were initially friendly. They were quickly replaced by different staff who spent most of their time stood behind our table talking and noisily moving cutlery around. Large party were sat nearby and when they arrived we felt in the way as we were sat on the main route through the restaurant. Older manageress/owner was very unwelcoming - kept staring at us and wasn't very friendly. Food was ok, actually good - but would not eat there again, or recommend because of the atmosphere and staff. The person that took our payment, manager perhaps? Seemed nice and did ask how everything was, but I didn't want to get into a discussion about the negative issues when there was a big party nearby.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank jude h
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Thank you very much for making our Ruby Wedding Anniversary so special. The food was commented on by everyone. Well done to the chef !! Thanks for decorating the room. But oh the food !!!! Fantastic hot and cold buffet......

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank chrissieStafford
Also consider these accommodations in or near Penkridge
Oak Farm Hotel
#1 of 4 in Penkridge
Lower Drayton Farm B&B
Lower Drayton Farm B&B
#2 of 4 in Penkridge

Been to The Bridgehouse Hotel? Share your experiences!