The Littleton Arms
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
The Moat House(Acton Trussell)
Oak Farm Hotel(Hatherton)
View Hotel
All reviewsthe pubfresh milkcask aleswashed downnice villagekipperslovely roomlamb hotpotlovely mealstafford areacomfortable bedlittle touchesnext morningbooked a tablewould stay againvisiting familyexcellent stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

The pub/hotel is located on a busy road and Room 2 was very noisy with traffic outside.
The waitresses serving food in the evening had an attitude with one trying to plonk my steak into my newspaper I had placed in front of me and then had a strop when I suggested this was not appropriate.
Food itself and breakfast to be fair was pretty good.
Not sure I want to stay in hotel where they charge an extra £5 to have your pet in the room with you!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
tony l, Owner at The Littleton Arms, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Thank you for your positive comments about the food and breakfast. As we are located on a busy road we have don everything we can in terms of sound proofing from road traffic noise but there will be some residual noise. Only three of the ten rooms are located on the main road so if you stay again please ask for a non road side room and we would be more than happy to accommodate.
In respect of the £5 charge for a pet, £5 additional charge is purely for additional cleaning of pet hair and we spend additional time with specific pet cleaning chemicals in case of allergies of future guests.
I am sorry if you thought your server rude, as you can see from previous reviews this was an isolated case.
many thanks
Tony

Reviewed April 13, 2014

Meet a couple for a meal. They selected The Littleton Arms and it was a good selection. The venison was excellent and the ice cream pancake was great. Looks like they have some great ales but sadly I was driving. Reasonable prices and the service was good. Had I known beforehand that they had rooms ........................

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Went here to have a meal a few months ago when asking for a table for four the lady just walked off without saying a word, judging this as a precurser for a bad meal we walked out.
As we live in Penkridge I went for a social evening last Tuesday after having a few drinks I asked for a coffee only to be told curtly that the coffee machine had been switched off.
The time was only 9.20 and there were still diners in the restaurant, I wonder what would have happened if one off these had asked for an after dinner coffee!
As there are lot's of other pubs and restaurants around Penkridge I will not bother trying the littleton again.
As some of the reviews seem good maybe the staff were in a bad mood on the occassions we visited.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank StaffordshireFreddy
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Having stayed in the mercure old tired Hotel the week before, and coming to the Littleton for a meal, we decided to book it for the week after. This was the best idea ever.
Tony the manager booked us in to two rooms, which were both really nice and very large.
I stayed in room 6 which had a massive double bed, and was very comfy.It had a nice flat screen Tv. The ensuite was equally as big with a nice shower (no bath). The free wifi was fast too.
We had eaten here twice from the week before so was eager to try the staek night again. We pre-booked when we checked in, which was good as it was very busy on a wednesday. Both steaks were cooked to perfection, hot juicy and good to look at(not just the waitress). The complimentary red wine was also perfect too.
We stayed late in the bar which hosted some good beers and ciders. The bar staff were friendly even though they were kept very busy they still found time to chat with us. Ben and kelly were good to chat with, especially when I rang the landline to ask Kelly "If I could have a pint of cider at the table to the left of you."She just laughed and still fetched my drink over.
Breakfast is served by Tonys mother in law, who was polite and very professional. From fresh juices to full english, all was present. All tasty and hot.
We will be revisiting Rugeley to work again soon and we will be booking rooms at the Littleton Arms.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Stayed one night at "The Littleton Arms", whilst attending a Wedding at a different Hotel, Room nice and clean with Iron & board, Hair dryer, clock, Coffee, Tea, etc., Breakfast good quality, Tony the Hotel Owner was very pleasant, would stay there again, we must visit again and try the Sunday Roast..

Room Tip: IF your looking for a value for money stay in a Village, then this will suit you.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple