“The real Jamaica”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Robin's Bay
Yerba Buena Guest Cabins
Ranked #2 of 2 Robin's Bay B&B and Inns
East Coast
“The real Jamaica”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Yerba Buena is truly a wonderful slice of the real Jamaica, this was a wonderful experience from meeting the owners to walking around and seeing the environment. Hammocks outside the rooms let you view the beautiful yard and a trail to a stunning small beach, that's all the accommodations needed to relax and enjoy a real Jamaican experience. Agape, Kwao, and their family are the perfect hosts, eager to help with what you need. The little town nestled around their place is filled with friendly people and beautiful country. Thank you to everyone for making our experience there so wonderful! I cannot say enough to express the 'good vibes' we felt while there.
We've visited Jamaica many times, always trying to find the perfect place and Yerba Buena is a little slice of heaven for anyone who loves seeing the real Jamaica.

Room Tip: Basic room and a view, not for people who want luxury, definitely for people who want to experience...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Port of Spain, Trinidad
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Agape went out of her way to ensure we had everything we needed. Accommodation is very rustic, so don't expect luxury. One of the family's main problems is that they suffered horrendous damage when Hurricane Sandy blew threw Jamaica a couple of years ago, but they are coping and rebuilding. The roundel we stayed in is unique, with lots of space. However my husband decamped into the extra bed because of the hollow in the bed in the middle of the first night. Both the shower and the toilet is located outside the cabin. The toilet is fine but there was nowhere to wash your hands - on request Agape provided a plastic bowl for that purpose which we kept in the cabin and filled when necessary from the shower head in the trees. The shower is located between two trees and bushes with a shower curtain to keep it private. A mirror is provided. There are 2 huge fans in the cabin to keep you cool, as well as a couple of electric sockets. The family is Rastafarian, therefore vegan, so no steaks, milk or eggs! If you want to eat meat Agape will happily arrange for you to have a meal provided by one of the local families in the village. You normally eat with Agape's large family in the main kitchen area and there's always loads to eat albeit vegetables and fruit. Agape's family consists of 5 lovely boys between the ages of 3 and 13 with another baby on the way. The boys are great and although pretty wild are happy to show you around the area. No TV and no computer games, the boys were real boys, with a very laid-back healthy lifestyle. We didn't meet Agape's husband, Kwao as he was out of the country at the time which was a shame. Much of the food is grown on the farm. Agape gave us a conducted tour of her bee hives which was really interesting. It's very nice just lying in your hammock and looking out to sea amid the cultivated wilderness, with loads of flowers, birds, butterflies and associated bugs. There is a private beach too if you want a dip in the ocean. It's an interesting place to spend a few private relaxing days.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Anne D
Nicholasville, Kentucky
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Yerba Buena Farm is tucked away in a corner of Jamaica away from all the tourist traps which give so many visitors a false impression of what Jamaica really is. Staying here will give you a view of Jamaica few people see. Real people, real fruit utopia, great meals, serene ocean views with hammocks to enjoy the sea breeze, great conversations with your hosts and overall a genuine experience. This is a place to learn and relax. You can try your hand at farming or enjoy one of many excursions available that your hosts can arrange.

My wife and I stayed here for two months and can say with certainty that our hosts were pleasant, fun, hardworking and made certain that we were safe, comfortable and that we experienced Jamaica the real way. Whether your stay is long or short you will enjoy your time here.

Room Tip: These are real Jamaican cabins. Don't expect a 4-star hotel room. Your showers are outside, your...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cody K
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Went to visit while they were rebuilding after the hurricane, and huts were (at the time) primarily used for interns. We did not stay overnight, but spent some time during our stay to visit. The place felt like you were walking into eco-paradise. Under the forest canopy is a hand made clay oven, bee-hives, and tones of fruit trees and vegetable gardens, private beach, locally sourced materials for the cabins. Their private beach is cozy and great for a dip. Agape and Kwao are wonderful people that make the stay top notch. They are very involved in their community and are great sharing their knowledge about bee-keeping. I hope to see them and their family again soon!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Davis, California, United States
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying with Kwao and Agape and their boys for 10 weeks in the beginning of the year. I had an amazing experience. They were very welcoming and I instantly felt in step with their lifestyle. The location is beyond beautiful, nothing compares to waking up in the morning and seeing the ocean practically at your doorstep. Definitely not a place to go if you are looking for the typical all-inclusive resort experience, but if you don't mind a little more of a rustic environment then this is your place. They work very hard there and I learned a lot about daily life in Jamaica. I met so many interesting people in the community and went on the stunning waterfall hike multiple times. I was interning while I was there so I got to work with the bees and on their organic farm. This is definitely not a place to pass up, whether you are looking to work and gain an authentic Jamaican experience or stop by for a visit you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
California
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I stay here to help Kwao and Agape over the summer as an intern, and it was an amazing experience. They are great people who will make sure you're taken care of and happy. The location is beautiful and a great place to vacation!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I stayed at Yerba Buena for two months working as an intern on their farm. It was an amazing experience that was made possible by a beautiful, nurturing environment. The best part of my stay was easily the people I met. Kwao and Agape are wonderful people who made it their personal goal for me to get the most out of my stay. This included (but was not limited to) taking me on beautiful hikes, showing me the local culture, teaching me some of the language, and generally ensuring that I was comfortable and happy. Their boys also made my experience uniquely fun. They are always willing to play and, if you make nice, will pick fruits for you from around the farm! Which brings me to the food. The food was excellent! It was very healthy and never in short supply. My stay was definitely the healthiest I had ever eaten but I was not left wanting anything else. The physical location of the property was right on the coast and I was able to walk down to the ocean from my cabin in two minutes. They have a little beach with a beautiful view which is perfect for hot afternoons. The lodging they provided was very nice and private. I loved having a hammock to relax and read in right outside my cabin. Overall, I had an unforgettable experience and would highly recommend Yerba Buna!

Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Been to Yerba Buena Guest Cabins? Share your experiences!