Tripadvisor
Assagao
Post
Inbox
Search

“My long lasted hunt for THE”

Villa Blanche Bistro
Reserve a Table
Ranked #4 of 30 Restaurants in Assagao
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A cozy bubble of good food, good music and good company right in the middle of a dreamy Goan village. The tropical garden of an old Portuguese Villa, unique hand made mosaic tables, a lounge area with colorful pillows, a cute shop to browse in -all under the charming shadow of the green parachute. The open kitchen entices your senses with smells of freshly baked breads, waffles and cookies and you can actually watch how your food is being prepared as if looking into mum’s kitchen. Eating in Villa Blanche is like a gastronomical time travel through the tastes of old fashioned Europe (some recipes have been handed down to me by my grandmother). Cappuccino and ice cream in the piazza in Rome, Pretzels and smoked black forest ham in the Bavarian beer garden, Muesli on top of the Swiss alps, clean fresh salad with feta cheese from Greece, Bagel with salmon and Cream cheese like in New York and of course cakes that melt in your mouth like in a Vienna coffee House. Villa Blanche is a celebration of tastes and flavors assembled freshly with ingredients from the local markets and specialties that are brought directly from Europe overland in Marco’s magic blue bus. In addition to our regular menu you can choose every day from new delicacies on the black board!
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My long lasted hunt for THE BEST VEGAN AND GLUTEN FREE WAFFLE in Goa ends here. Simply delicious Thank you!

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (135)

Reviewed January 1, 2020

Nice cafe in the open with tables spread under a large tree in the compound. Their menu is extensive. We went for dinner - recommend the salads and meats. The loos are clean and there is a pop-up store where we bought some interesting gifts.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed December 26, 2019 via mobile

Great vegetarian and non vegetarian food. We went in a big group for lunch. We had a lot of yummy salads, the sausages were fresh and yummy, the fish dishes were great but the Sicilian fish was outstanding. We also tried the salads and the quiches. Great drinks. Great desserts. A must visit on any trip to North Goa! Also great service and Yogini was around and watching throughout. Almost like visiting their home. Thank you.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed November 18, 2019

We went to Villa Blanche a fortnight back. The first thing that struck me was that breads and bagels for sale were kept uncovered, and there were flies swarming all over them. If this was the condition of the food visible to the customers, I was left wondering what the state was inside the kitchen.
The food itself was very ordinary. The salad was a complete disaster, and I couldn't taste no cheese in the "cheese cake"
They save the best for last, I guess. The bill came, a handwritten one, and it quite obviously didn't add up to the final figure written at the bottom. So I asked them, and they immediately wrote on the bill "inclusive of all taxes." I asked them how much the taxes are, and they gave me a break-up, and the bill still didn't add up. So I asked again, and I was told, "oh that's because we've also included a service charge". I asked them why I was getting a hand-written bill without even the name of the restaurant on it, and why they were charging me taxes when there was no GST number etc mentioned on the bill. They said very casually, "Oh the machine isn't working. And if you want, we can put a stamp on the bill." They proceeded to stamp the bill, and the name on the stamp wasn't even Villa Blanche. By that time, I was so disgusted and we were getting so late we just left.
It seems like a scam. I don't think the restaurant is paying the taxes it's collecting from it's customers, and the poor waiters may not be getting the service charge amount either. This is a gross violation of the law. Plus, the food isn't great. Except for the service which was good, I don't see any pluses in this place.
This place is not worth visiting.

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed August 20, 2019

I just loved the cakes they offer. Like minded people around. Would love to visit again when in Goa.

Date of visit: January 2019