All reviews ayurvedic treatments morning meditation vegetarian food juice bar cooking class fake beach back home deluxe cottage many years other guests highly recommend this place saturday and sunday an indian the cottages teacher training amazing experience amazing place
Selected filters
Reviewed April 11, 2019

I have stayed at SWAN for a yoga holiday of one week and it was amazing! Very inspiring teachers, great diversity in yoga classes (meditation, asana, philosophy, yoga nidra, tratak). The asana classes were traditional Hatha yoga classes, which I just loved. Slow-paced yet challenging on levels beyond the physical body only.

Before arriving I was in doubt if I wouldn't find the classes too much (it's quite a full program), but I loved every minute of it and didn't want to skip a single class! I am teaching yoga myself, but the classes are really for all levels. I learned so many things that I never learned in my 200-hr TT, so it was a very valuable week for me.

The food is just amazing, the staff very helpful, good ayurvedic treatments (there's also the option to get a consult with an ayurvedic doctor), some dogs running around. And all in beautiful jungle surroundings.

I thought I would go to the beach in the breaks (15-20 minutes by taxi) but I just couldn't be bothered because the premises are just so peaceful and have plenty of spots to relax (hammocks, a fake beach including an amazing juice bar). There's also a library with a wide array of books, including many from the Bihar School of Yoga.

So it was a week full of inspiration, being taken care of, relaxation, and fun! Thanks again lovely SWAN staff for making it such a great stay!

Room tip: Deluxe cottages have more privacy and a slightly thicker mattress
Date of stay: March 2019
3  Thank llindsayy87
Reviewed February 3, 2019

My experience at Swan was a truly spiritual awakening. My expectations were met and then surpassed-- easily! I'm very thankful to the wonderful staff for everything they did to make my trip an unforgettable one. Om enlightened and fascinated me. His guidance has affected me in a very deep way. Along with the practice of asana they offered meditation classes, yoga philosophy, Havan--fire ceremony, Ayurvedic treatments, cooking class and so much more. The rooms were very basic---but clean. Wifi quality was poor in my room but as I was trying to detox also from electronics it wasn't such an issue. The food was delicious! Day trips to the market or beach were also organised for those who wanted to venture out. Highly recommendable.

Date of stay: January 2019
2  Thank Pattie D
Reviewed January 28, 2019

Loved the food, treatments, ambiance, staff were awesome, meditations still coming in handy till today. Just pure authentic yoga and no gimmicky nonsense. Guests were at Swan for the right reason, to find their inner self.

Room tip: Open windows and let in the light and fresh air in your villa.
Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank bernadette_hockham
Reviewed January 24, 2019

I can't recommend enough Swan. They experience they gave was beyond any expectations I could have had. I was looking for a little guide and you guys gave me an entire path to follow, making me understand the whole extension of what a spiritual practice is.

Whether you are looking for a true experience with Yoga or want to go even deeper into Tantra and Veda knowledge and practice, Swan is your place. Plain and simple.

Room tip: Let go of your expectations and follow their flow
Date of stay: December 2018
3  Thank hugodcc
Reviewed January 21, 2019

As an older lady travelling on my own I was a little apprehensive but I needn’t have been. I received a very warm welcome from Anamika, the accommodation is basic by the standards expected in the west but my standard Cottage was clean and comfortable. The retreat gives an insight into the Ashram way of life (Swan is not a ashram) with excellent asana practice,meditation, philosophy and other aspects with together make up Yoga lifestyle, don’t miss the beautiful fire ritual Havan on Saturday and Sunday evenings.
The food is excellent and plentiful and it is this time which brings everyone together, don’t worry if travelling alone you will soon make new friends from all over the world all sharing a love of yoga. There are activities outside the retreat, Friday is a free day when many head to the beach at Ashwen 40minutes by taxi , this will be arranged for you and is very cheap if you share. The Wednesday market at Anjuna is worth a trip and if you like local markets there is on in Mapusa which might interest you.Free WiFi is available but there are no TVs but who needs one , I came to escape the outside world for a few 2 weeks and didn’t even give it a second thought.

My overall experience was one of extreme pleasure , meeting new people but mostly learning what Yoga really means, be prepared to have your understanding turned upside down, the Asana practice is challenging in a good way, different meditation techniques are employing including a session in the beach, the philosophy classes give you much to contemplate.
The staff are pleasant and always happy to answer any questions and explain anything you are unsure of.
I had the most beautiful experience during my 2 week stay,I felt that I was not just someone who was there for the yoga but I was part of a large extended family all looking out for and helping each other,both guests and staff. I would like to say a special thanks to Om for his infinite patience in answering and explaining all my queries.
So if yoga is your passion I can recommend a stay at Swan, people of all abilities are made welcome , you are where you are so don’t be put off.
Last, but not least take advantage of the Ayurvedic treatments and massages, it’s worth seeing the Doctor first and following his recommendations, but not compulsory you can chose your own treatments.

I