This is a good stop between desert (Merzouga) and your way back to Marrakech (it is just a few hundreds meters from the road your driving on). It has a nice swimming pool (although very cold!!), amazing view and a fantastic restaurant (the best food during our 14 days Morocco trip!)
If you want to stay more days than just a stop than it is good to know that it also a good basis for visiting Gorge Dades and you can even visit Gorge Todra from here (about 1 1/2 hour drive).
Tips for families with children:
- the family suite is also suitable for families with older children than 3 years. At booking.com you will see this family suite for 2 adults and 2 children up to 3 years. Via booking.com we asked if older children were also allowed. We were allowed to be there with a 8 and 10 year old child without extra costs.
- it must be possible to be in the family suite with more (young) children. We had the following beds: a large double bed, two single beds of 1.30 meters length each and one bed with an estimated length of 1.80 meters. Besides this we think that it is maybe possible that they can make a third 1.30 metre bed of what now was a bench.
- the room was spacious
- the portions in the restaurant are so huge that you need no more than to order for two people (one waiter even told us this before ordering!).
Good to know for everyone:
- if possible try to have the waiter Mohammed. He was very kind and nice with the children. Unfortunately the other waiter was very very grumpy...
- the restaurant doesn't have a menu where you can see the prices. They told us that they have a 3 course menu with a fixed price (12 euro pp). They gave us the impression that this was the only possiblity but at the end we saw on our bill that the evening we didn't took a dessert that the price was lower. So you don't have to take 3 courses!!
- the bill of the restaurant you have to pay in cash in the restaurant
- the bill of the Kasbah (your room) you can pay at the reception and you can pay with visa card all the time (they make a print of your card and they call for a number so it is not depending whether the internet is working or not).
- Some rooms have a patio. Don't take a room special for the patio because this patio is very small (2 by 2 metres?) and surrounded by very high (3 meters high??) cement walls!!
We had a very pleasant stay and the staff was very friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On a high plateau overlooking the Dades Valley, Kasbah Tizzarouine has a panoramic view you can only dream of. The Kasbah is constructed and held by a local Berber family (since 20 years!) and is famous for its good restaurant and hospitality. Accommodation ranges from standard rooms (single, double or triple) to cave-rooms (very romantic with panoramic view over the valley) and ensuite (family) rooms (with private salon), all rooms with private bathroom.Always working on a better comfort, the Kasbah now offers free Wifi to all its clients, and recently the traditional hammam has been opened, that can be booked on appointment for small groups, followed by a argan-massage.Don't miss out on the restaurant specialising in local cuisine, accompanied often by the inspiring rythms of djembé-music!The Kasbah can also be rented for incentives (capacity to sleep and cater up to 200 people). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Kasbah Tizzarouine reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kasbah Tizzarouine Morocco/Boumalne Dades