“I really recomend staying at Sunset beach” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sunset Beach

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Togian Islands
Sunset Beach
London, United Kingdom
“I really recomend staying at Sunset beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

We arived by ferry from Ampana and didnt had a clue where we are going to stay, then we met Uni, the owner of Sunset beach, I liked her straight away, she also phoned up another resort in the Togians to ask if trhey have room for us!!!!
But we decidet to stay with her at Sunset beach, which was the best choice to make!!
The rooms are very spacious, there is running water round the clock, the food was great, prepared fresh (and I do mean FRESH) everyday, my sister even spend a morning in the kitchen with the chef, just to see the way how to prepare such good food!!
we went out fishing with Uni and her brother twice, and we ate our fish that we cought!
The time at Sunset beach was just great, if I ever make it back to Sulawesi, I will definatley go back there!

• Stayed August 2012

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Zurich, Switzerland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

I stayed there for 4 nights with my girlfriend. I stayed also on 3 other resorts on the Togeans.

Positive: The staff, especially Miss and her Family, were very nice, friendly and funny! The location is very good for the Sunset. Katrina Beach and the Jelly Fish Lake are near by. Big terrace with Hammock on your Bungalow.

Negative: I never had enough to eat (I’m not a big eater!) even I asked every time for more. Breakfast consist of 2 piece of dry cake. Once I asked Uni, the owner, for more food during breakfast she gave me a few bananas but then she asked me not to tell the other guests because she doesn’t had enough for all of us… The rooms were not cleaned when I arrived at 5 pm. Rats were playing around every night in my room. The promised “free snorkeling trips” cost me at least 25’000.-, which is still cheap but surely not free. If you sleep on the floor in the restaurant because the bungalows are full till the next day, do not let them fool you by paying the full price of a bungalow as they will try to.

Overall, I cannot recommend this place because: SIFA 125’000, Bolilanga 200’000 and Malenge Indah 150’000 offer all much better service for less or slightly higher prices. The food on all other resorts is very much better. Snorkeling in front of the other resort is much better when in fact, there is no snorkeling in front of Sunset Beach. And most important, I did not feel like being just a cash cow for them.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

Okay for a couple of nights, if you arrive after a long trip.
Okay/good: handy location, very close to Wakai. Free transport from Wakai harbour to Sunset (ask for ibu Uni) by longtail boat. Splendid sunsets. Free snorkel trips nearby. (Yes, we really got them for free.) Free transport to Tobil (small village). Lunch and dinner is okay, nothing special, but okay. Price is okay: 150.000 Rp per person for one night including 3 meals. Most places charge 300.000. If you're addicted to your cell phone, this is the place where you actually do have reception/signal (only in the restaurant) every now and then.
Poor: cleaning: they just don't clean the houses (exept for sweeping the floor a bit). Even the sheets will not be changed unless you ask for it. Breakfast: dry (pan)cake. Very, very many mosquitos. Make sure you bring repellent or bayon spirals. Don't leave food in your bag: rats will smell it and destroy your backpack te get it. It happened to many travellers.
Would I recommend this place? Only for 1 or 2 nights to reload your battery and only if you arrive in Wakai. Bomba, Malenge and Walea Kodi offer better (often also more expensive) places.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Yarmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

We spent 3 weeks travelling around the Togian Islands and Sunset Beach was the best place that we found and we’ll be going back as soon as we’ve saved up some money again.
Their own beach surrounded by natural forest means there is a maximum of about 15 people compared to Kadidiri and Poya Lisa which were already a bit too crowded for us even though it was low season.
The bungalows are big and clean, have a toilet and shower plus you have a brilliant view of the sea and the islands (and of course, the sunset) from the terrace. Hammocks are provided so that you can lie back and read a book or have a mid-day siesta.
If you want to be active instead there are plenty of things to do. We took one of the canoes out for a couple of days and went paddling around the coast. Another day, Mis and Min, the two cooks that don’t stop laughing, showed us the way through the forest to the village where we went to a house where they made brown sugar.
When we wanted to go snorkelling, Papa Uni took us to a different place each day. The jellyfish lake was scary at first but we when realised it was true that the jellyfish don’t sting it was good fun. The nearby Karina beach is beautiful and had some good snorkelling as well.
The food was really tasty and more than we could eat. There were different vegetables every day in a variety of sumptuous sauces and fresh fish straight from the market or fish that Papa Uni had just caught. One day we were even treated to spaghetti when an Italian couple arrived.
The restaurant overlooks the beach and faces the sunset. You couldn’t wish for a more perfect place for a sundowner !
Uni and her staff are very friendly and enthusiastic and clearly enjoy the company of always eager to help. Uni gives useful advice about the ferry and local boats and was honest enough to suggest that we would like Malenge Indah even though it would have meant that we would leave Sunset Beach.

Room Tip: They all seemed nice.