“Relatively inexpensive, far from underground train”
Review of Good Morning Kista

Good Morning Kista
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Kista
Goteborg
“Relatively inexpensive, far from underground train”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Easy to find, inexpensive, simple, ideal for business people that want to be processed in and out. Breakfast is not included.

Property is located next to a gas station and McDonald's, so you're almost guaranteed with a lot of "un-social" individuals around the hotel. Got caught by one of the South American trick thieves who pointed at my rear wheel. While looking at the wheel, his friend removed the luggage for my car. No cameras over the parking lot.

TIP: try an Internet booking for the Scandic Star hotel in Sollatuna (?)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
NorseHotels, General Manager at Good Morning Kista, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear TheSwedishBeaver,

Thank you very much for taking the time to inform us of your impression of the hotel on Tripadvisor.

I take special note of both your positive as well as your more negative remarks regarding the area.

I did notice that your stay in the hotel was in July 2012, and since then we have re-branded the hotel to ibis Styles - breakfast and WiFi is now included in all our rates.

Yours sincerely,
Lars Ålund - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Polish first
Waalwijk, The Netherlands
Reviewed May 14, 2013

The Kista business park does not offer many hotels, besides the Scandic Victoria there is the Ibis and 2 others of which I cannot recall the names.
Because Scandic charges very high rates I booked the Ibis for € 90 and it was okkish. It is not a very appealing hotel, very basic and it could use a better cleaning of the bathrooms (dirty ridges but overall main surfaces where clean). The staff was very friendly and helpfull, the breakfast was compact of choice but ok.
Overall what you would have expected of an Ibis hotel and ok in comparance to the price.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
NorseHotels, General Manager at Good Morning Kista, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear Dutch-Marie,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Tripadvisor.
I am happy to read your kind words regarding our members of staff; I will certainly share your comments with all of them.

Please rest assured that I take special note of your other comments, and will look into them immediately.

I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Checked in to hotel to be given a room. Receptionist was super nice. Things started going wrong when I got to my room, and it looked like a bomb had hit it. It was uncleaned and all the bedding was all over the floor. I immediately went back down to get another room. I was given another room next door to the previous one and yet again found the exact same thing.

After 5 uncleaned rooms and 25mins of running up stairs and back down with my luggage, the receptionist who was being extremely accommodating managed to find me a clean room, However upon going in I realized the lurid smell of stale urine which was coming out of the bathroom. Obviously this is a room which has not been cleaned well and been left unlet for a few weeks.

I must say this apart from the fantastically helpful staff members, this has to be one of the worst business stays I have ever experienced. I am disgusted especially as a Accor loyalty card holder. I will seriously be thinking about staying at these hotels again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

NorseHotels, General Manager at Good Morning Kista, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear MannyDj,

I would like to thank you for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor.

I certainly understand that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

I do hope that despite your experience, you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Yours sincerely,

Lars Ålund

Travelers are raving about these Kista hotels

London
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Ibis Syles at Kista Stockholm, lovely staff and very conveniently located between Husby and Kista Galleria shopping centre. McDonalds is just next door, free parking, free wirelss and wonderful atmosphere.

Room Tip: For family room, take room 332 and 334, they are connecting rooms fit to house for 3 people. All roo...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear BashTravels,

I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us at ibis Styles Stockholm Kista.
Your comments will be shared with all staff members, and I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you soon again.

Berlin, Germany
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Stayed there for 2 nights. Internet wasn't free, so used my own "3" SIM card. Breakfast seemed to be okay - I didn't used one, since I went to McD both mornings (which I thought was a better value). Just 500 meter from Microsoft Office. The hotel was typical IBIS. It looked decent and clean. Though in my room I found someones socks in a very visible place. How did the cleaners missed it is beyond me. Flat screen TV. Gas station " Statoil" near by, where you can get food etc. at almost any time of the day. Metro station about 10 minutes walk. Not hotels fault, but to get to the airport you have to travel with Metro to City Center and then take Flybussaras bus back (you pretty much do same distance to city like it would take you to the airport. The Taxi price to the airport are horrendously expensive. No issues at check in or check out. If you are skint there is free internet in Mc Donalds.

Room Tip: Dont take the cab to the airport - its just very expensive! But then again you have to take Flybussa...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
NorseHotels, General Manager at Good Morning Kista, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear FreakWentTraveler,

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your stay with us in October 2012.
I did notice that you mention that WiFi was not for free, and you had to pay extra for breakfast.
Good news - from 1st January 2013 we have re-branded the hotel to ibis Styles Stockholm Kista with breakfast and unlimited WiFi included in the prices.

I do hope we will have the pleasure of having you as our guest soon again.

Somerset UK
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Don't rely on a Tom Tom, the Ibis is just behind McDonalds on the roundabout as you come off the main road. My Tom Tom took me another half mile up the road and stopped outside a Microsoft office.

This is a nice clean Ibis, the bedrooms or cubes are just like every other Ibis, so you know what to expect, and that's fine. But the staff are a dream, chatty, helpful and down right pleasant. Food reasonable, bar quite nice, nothing exceptional, but more imporatantly nothing to moan about. I will definatly stay here again on my next overnight stay in Kista

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
NorseHotels, General Manager at Good Morning Kista, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear SomersetUKJohn,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience from your recent stay with us at the ibis Styles Stockholm Kista. It is certainly a pleasure to read such positive feedback regarding our members of staff.

I will look into the reason why your Tom Tom directed you to the wrong address; thank you for letting me know.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to us in the near future.

Best regards,
Bratislava, Slovakia
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I stayed in this hotel twice and have no problem to choose it again. Smaller, but clean and nice rooms, REALLY FRIENDLY AND HELPFUL STAFF. Quiet and cozy atmosphere.
Simple breakfast, but if you stay for a few nights it is acceptable. Clean lobby, surpisingly good menu food for dinner, good drinks offer. McDonald and gas station next to hotel allows you to buy wide choice of drinks, food, sweets, also CDs :-) anytime.
Take taxi to town centre (cca 50€) and you have no problem, or walk 15 minutes to Kista Gallery with lot of shops, international take away buffets/restaurants, 3D and also 5D cinema :-)

I would just suggest to have bottles of mineral water to buy at reception (bar), as rooms have no bar.

Room Tip: Road view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
NorseHotels, General Manager at Good Morning Kista, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear Stvrtnastyri,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Ibis Hotel Kista. I am very grateful for your feedback and I will for sure share your kind words with the team members.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again soon and we hope your next stay with us will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Best regards,
Lars Ålund
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kista
Scandic Victoria Tower
#2 of 6 in Kista
Memory Hotel
Memory Hotel
#4 of 6 in Kista

Been to Good Morning Kista? Share your experiences!