Our family spent a week at this hotel in mid July of this year. We chose this hotel for its location near the beaches and much more reasonable prices compared to hotels on the Caldera. Our overall impression was that the hotel has great potential but at the moment it does not seem to live up to that potential in a number of areas.
- rooms; Although our room was spacious, two floors, the bottom floor did not have air-conditioning. This meant that where we were sleeping we had to keep the windows open at all times. It was not a huge problem but in a hotel of this level its hard to understand why they chose the cheap route on this amenity? In addition, although the hotel is relatively new, the bathroom fixtures seemed already to show wear and seemed quite cheap in general. The TV amounted to a small computer monitor type of screen.
- swimming pool; Large and excellently maintained. A real attraction for the kids and a strong point for the hotel.
-transport; Given the location of the hotel you definitely need your own car to drive around.
-breakfast; I think frugal would be a good word to describe it. Essentially be there when it opens at 8:30 or be ready to accept scraps. Plus we had the distinct impression that the Manager was counting each slice of bread or cake put out each day, this was confirmed when we overheard conversation in Greek coming from the kitchen where they would stop putting out items in order to have them for the next day.
Room Cleanliness; Just average or slightly below.
Management; Unfortunately the owner has adopted a very low cost style of management and believes that she can compensate for this by constantly asking you if everything is ok ect.
Overall this hotel is an average solution for a family, but good cost wise. It has a great location which is very quiet, but the penny pinching style of management does get to you after a while.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In Santorini, the island of never-ending blue and the 4,000 years of civilization that provide an almost metaphysical aspect, in a unique atmosphere full of contrasts and mystery, full of images provoking the strongest of feelings, next to the picturesque village of Vlychada and just a few metres away from the black beach of Perivolos, inspired by the traditional Cycladean architecture, lies the brand new Sea Sound - White Katikies, a complex of luxurious residences and suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sea Sound - White Katikies reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea Sound - White Katikies Santorini/Emporio, Greece