“On the Green”
Review of The Robin Hood Inn

The Robin Hood Inn
Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

Used to look forward to a good old sunday roast it started off well even though you had to ask for vegetables, still cant understand why they dont serve Green veg, last meal was just about ok for me but the beef was thick and bloody and the pork was tough and chewy.most of the staff are great but one in particular looks like she would rather be somewhere else. I think this place will go down fast if they are not careful and very over priced. Always busy on a sunday but different faces, which says alot.shame.

• Stayed: November 2013

Reviewed October 15, 2013

As this was my first stay alone in a hotel I arrived with some trepidation. The warm welcome I received soon put me at ease and throughout my one night stay I felt thoroughly relaxed. The accommodation was impeccably clean and very comfortable, with tea making facilities, a hairdryer and shower gels etc included.
I had dinner in the relaxing dining room. The two ladies made sure I had everything I needed and obviously had a very good working relationship with each other, which created an excellent atmosphere. The breakfast was cooked perfectly and enough to feed me for the day (even though I had a lunch party to go to on the Saturday!)
I would certainly stay there again and recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to relax and spoil themselves a little. My only regret is .......that I didn't book in for a second night!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Stayed for one night which was booked by my employers who are based in Havant. I am shocked to read the negative reviews on here especially the ones complaining about the level of customer service. On arrival I was greeted by an extremely polite young lady who showed me to my room which was spotlessly clean and tidy. As I had been up since 4am that morning I did not fancy sitting downstairs and asked if I could order some food and take it up to my room. Not only did they allow this but also bought the food up to me. I chose a pizza which was home made and extremely delicious and more than adequate in size, also very reasonably priced too.
After a comfortable nights sleep I ventured to breakfast which was definitely a 10 out of 10 experience with quality ingredients that definitely did not come from a supermarket.
I now know why my company use the Robin Hood on a regular basis and I look forward to my next visit there.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 13, 2013

As the managing director of a company I demand the highest standards of sleeping when I am attending courses that keep me from doing any actually real work

this allows me to keep my tax bill down as I have spent all the profit on living like a king in fine hotels and eating top quality Scran

Rather rudely I had to actually do some work for my company on both of the 2 occasions I stayed at this fine establishment and arrived at gone 11 both nights an abustle discrace as I have been unable to sample the food

The room was spotless and comfy with more windows than I have in my house but an equal amount of thick blinds to stop any light when I felt like going for a sleepy sleepy snooze e snooze ,I never shut the blinds when I sleep but the hotel was very well lit externally so I had too but whit them down the room was dark

The whole gaff is spotless apart from a moth in my bathroom that must have snook in as the cleaner left and the pub is good and lovley place to eat even if it was only the great breakfast there is no mini bar in room but this would be a bad thing with a bar this good

Also free fast wi Fi and and i comfy bed all at a reasonable price

Ill be back I have been meaning to return to Pompey for a weekend for a long time and now I have located this place I will

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Romeo T
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Took my elderly mother there for lunch on Sunday 25 August 2013. We both decided to have the roast beef (although prices for the roast not printed on the menu) Beef was appalling and inedible - waitress offered us some more beef but by that time we were put off our meal. They still charged us the full price of £26.00 for the two meals. I will not be returning

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank langdod
Reviewed August 17, 2013

The Robin Hood is situated in the quaint village of Rowland's Castle in South East Hampshire, on the border with West Sussex. Great food, great people running the show, and a charming, quiet location. The Inn feature six bedrooms, each one as tastefully decorated as the others, and they are named rather than numbered. We stayed in the Saint Amoure room, and enjoyed a comfy double bed and a very large, modern en-suite bathroom. The room featured a sitting area by the door, but there was one drawback here, the TV screen was mounted on the wall next to a stand-up wardrobe by the bottom of the bed which blocked the screen from view. Pity!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Stanley Angus M
Chris J, Owner at The Robin Hood Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Thank you for taking the trouble to write your review which we do appreciate. I take on board your comments regarding the TV which we only recently upgraded to a larger one. However because of the size of the TV a bracket needed to allow all round vision was deemed unsafe, but we are aware of this and are rethinking positioning of the wardrobe. We hope this did not spoil your stay too much and would like to think you would revisit us.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Nice rooms, good hosts pretty setting.
Nice touch of suggesting you can borrow picnic blankets to sit on the village green in summer.
Yummy breakfast.

Wifi is free and included.

Only criticisms are wifi was a bit patchy, and 10am is very early check-out time.

Room Tip: The rooms on the front are next to well-lit signs so if you are very sensitive to light, ask for dif...