Stansted Park
More attraction details
Owner description: Sitting on the Hampshire/Sussex border between Chichester and Portsmouth overlooking the coast, Stansted Park offers a great day out for the family, residential and commercial space to let, stunning weddings in a heritage setting, plus many other events and local attractions. Stansted Park offers: Stunning House and Servants Quarters Pavilion Tea Room set in the Victorian Walled Gardens The Stansted Garden Centre The Farm Shop - Selling local high quality produce The Stansted Yew Maze Minature Railway Sawmill and Timber Products Woodland walks Children's Play Area
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Pure Country, glades and birdsong, wild flowers and blue skies idyllic and manageable in mature woodlands.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

As the title says, there is much wrong there and that is the toilets in the garden centre/ shop.

It appears they have not been cleaned in a years or so, they were filthy.all I hope is that the tearooms staff had their own (clean) toilets before serving me.
I would leave going there for a while if I were you and you care abut hygiene,

5  Thank HawksHayling
Reviewed May 22, 2013

We went out to Stansted to ride the train with my 2 year old. She absolutely loved it and so did we. We didn't have to wait at all (we were there during the week and it's really quiet) and the staff were really friendly and welcoming, as well as a pheasant named 'Baldrick' who came onto the platform to meet us! The train ride was longer than expected although I did feel it was a little bit expensive especially as we had to pay for our 2 year old. A lot of places we have visited don't charge until the child is 3.

We also visited the tea shop which is lovely. The scones were freshly baked that morning and were delicious. They also cater well for children.

All in all it was a lovely morning out. It would be nice to see some more play area for children outside particularly for younger ones.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

Stanstead House is well worth a visit if you are are interested in historic houses and properties. However, my visits are a little less educational as they are usually simply to enjoy a treat in the wonderful coffee shop. The setting is just lovely, and visitors can choose to dine in the main cafe area (with tables smartly dressed in pristine white tablecloths) the conservatory area which is a lovely sun trap, or the outdoor picnic style tables and benches.
Te service is always excellent, with plenty of staff ready to welcome and serve you. The cakes are delicious - this morning's Bakewell tart was the best I have ever tasted - the scones deep and tasty and the breakfasts a real indulgence.
Prices are very reasonable - and great value for the quality of food, excellence of service and wonderful surroundings.
If you fancy a little treat and a snack or meal in style then I can heartily recommend the Stanstead House coffee shop.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

hello! I love Stansted house, it's really beautiful and so are the grounds. I had never gone there with my dog and wanted to take her for a walk around the gardens but the website is not clear about what areas dogs are allowed in so I made a phone call to be sure. Not only did the woman not make sense on the phone but when I (very apologetically) admitted I couldn't understand whether she was saying dogs were allowed or not (I made it seem like it was me with the problem) she took a very aggressive tone. When I got off the phone to her I decided to just check the map on the website and call back with an exact area I wanted to visit to take pictures and ask, if the dog was not allowed in this particular area, would it be ok to carry my dog in her carrier (she is a very small dog). At this point the woman cut into what I was saying, let out a huge sigh and said through what sounded like gritted teeth "No the same rules apply to everyone." Worse things have been said to dog walkers obviously, but this is very much a snooty a woman with a foul temper and if tones of voice could kill.... wow I'd be 6 ft under.
I just want to be very clear that this review in no way reflects on the house or the grounds but I am warning people with questions to be very careful when calling the venue, if you get the same woman that i spoke to you could get your head ripped off for nothing!

7  Thank Lily L