“Stunning Pizza and Hospitality”
Review of Run Amok! - CLOSED

Run Amok!
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: A charming little hole in the wall restaurant in the central Cambodian province of Kampong Thom, halfway between Siem Reap and Phnom Penh.
“Stunning Pizza and Hospitality”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Join New Zealander and his Cambodian wife at this simple little restaurant by the river for one of the finest pizzas anywhere. Ask them for the "all meat" version plus their draft beer - the best in Kampong Thom. A friendly family restaurant that s great value for money and very friendly.

• Visited March 2013
MoodyMac, Chef/Owner at Run Amok!, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Gidday.

I should write a review of your visit. As it was on our day off, and we by chance happened to be doing some work in front of the restaurant when you and your tour leader stopped to photograph our sign! We were happy to see that our sign makes such a good impression.

We didn't have the heart to turn you guys away, and luckily I had made a small batch of dough for grilling over charcoal for my breakfast (I have simple tastes), so we were able to open up with a very limited menu.

And so glad I did. Thanks for the great conversation that covered a lot of ground, and really helped me put some things into perspective regarding running a business and working with a team of staff. I really appreciate it.

Draft beer is currently off the drinks board until the busy season which starts around October/November, unless we get booked for a large group and it is requested. We do however have cold bottled beer available, as well as a selection of wine, spirits and cocktails.

Anyway, thanks for being great company for the evening, and all the best in your future travels. Hope to see you again.

Rich and Tettra.

Kampong Thom, Cambodia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I don't usually write reviews online, but this restaurant most certainly is deserving of a positive one. I had a delicious pizza that had on it both bacon and a local sausage, along with a serving of french fries, which were also very satisfying. The restaurant has a nice ambiance that at once is very clean, thought out, and intimate, while it at the same time fits in seamlessly with the quiet neighborhood it resides in. The restaurant is owned and run by a nice, young family, who use quality ingredients in their recipes. As someone who will be living in the area for the next couple of years, I could not be happier that a restaurant of such quality has opened in town.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank nyambaihowie
MoodyMac, Chef/Owner at Run Amok!, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Hi there.

Thanks for writing a review. Even taking the time to sign up to write one. I guess being a Peace Corp volunteer in the area for the next couple of years you have a vested interest in making sure we stay open.

Hope you enjoyed your trip to Vietnam, I assume you are back in Kampong Thom now and busy teaching out in your village.

I have one word for you.

PANCAKES.

All the best, hope to see you soon. Drop in anytime and if you don't mind the wait, I'll be happy to make you some pancakes. We all need a little comfort food from time to time.

Oh speaking of comfort food, we have started making handmade gelato. Still a little trial and error, but we have been getting some good results. Next step is to make some tuille cups and cones with the left over egg white before the family stir fry them with vegetables........

Rich and Tettra.
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
“Excellent meal”
Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

Two of us had an excellent hamburger, fries and drink at this new restaurant in Kampong Thom. It's located on a quiet street and is clean and well maintained. The food and service was great. I enjoy Cambodian food but sometimes I need a bit of comfort food and this place provided it. I will be back. Peter.

2 Thank Pangnaariuk
MoodyMac, Owner at Run Amok!, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thanks for writing a review of our little restaurant. I have to admit I was a little worried when you mentioned Trip Advisor as we are still in our pre-opening training month and things haven't reached my expected standard yet. You were very kind however, and we look forward to seeing you again next time you are in town.