Review Highlights
Dive trip

ConDao is my favorite place for diving in Vietnam. With the Con Dao dive center, it is always the... read more

Reviewed April 26, 2021
zajicovadaniela
Vietnam
via mobile
Great diving

Came to Con Dao specifically to dive and was not disappointed. Reef was good with plenty to see... read more

Reviewed April 22, 2021
lenapA5375FD

All reviews dive center great diving great days weather conditions other places crew equipment vietnam dao island payment reef danny son
Selected filters
Reviewed May 20, 2019

We came to Con Dao to do our PADI Open Water and Advanced Open Water courses. Gordon and Danny were incredible. Such patient, supportive, professional, really fun guys who made the experience so enjoyable, and they were just fabulous in every way. An excellent place to learn to dive, nice calm water, plenty to see underwater, and having Danny and Gordon guide us through our courses was awesome given all their experience and knowledge they shared with us. Thank you so much for all your help and for getting us qualified. Highly recommend Con Dao Dive Centre, they were awesome!

Date of experience: May 2019
1  Thank laramcc1
Reviewed May 5, 2019 via mobile

We chose to go to Con Dao specifically for the diving experience.

We went in a small group of 2 divers and 4 snorkelers. Roughly 3-4 hours and 2 dive sites, one with more fish and the second with more varied coral. The snorkeling and diving were both amazing, *so much* varied coral and also lots of different kinds of tropical fish to see. Even though it had been raining the visibility was very good - Gordon postponed the trip by a day so that we would have the best experience.

He provided all the equipment, bottled water, and a chocolate bar for in between dives. The boat was a covered speedboat so you’re out of the sun if you want.

Gordon himself is a great guide, super helpful and relaxed. He will take payment in cash (at the time) or credit card (go to his excellent burger/pizza restaurant Bar 200 in the evening). He gave us great advice for getting around the small town of Con Son and dinner options (which were excellent).

If you are scuba diving, just check if you need medical clearance and insurance before you come to Vietnam. My husband was over 45 and had a risk factor (father with heart disease) and that meant we had to get a quick medical in Hanoi before arriving in Con Dao. This was super easy but obviously we would have preferred to do this at home.

Date of experience: May 2019
2  Thank maggieNZ
Reviewed October 28, 2018 via mobile

My vacation on Con Dao was Oct. 21st to 26th. I started to communicate with Gordon about diving on Oct. 4th. He said he has some bookings, but promised to arrange me my dive anyway. We exchanged about 10 e-mails, I personally visited Bar200 three times ( two times closed, third time also closed but talked to young lady, who promised to forward my message to Gordon). In our Poulo Condo resort we met a couple, who said that they just made an arrangement with Gordon and going out for a dive. Wow!!! No info from Gordon to me, I was waiting and he has promised.
First time in my ten years of diving such an experience.
So there was no diving for me at this time.
Huge dissapointment.

7  Thank 38enn_
Reviewed October 15, 2018 via mobile

Thanks to Gordon, our twin’s 9th birthday was a huge success! Snorkeling in the right spot (Hong Cao Islands) on a windy October Day with 9 year old twins, a 14 year old prima Donna and a husband w hip issues was something only an experienced dive operator would and could do. We also went to turtle protection reservation (Bay Cahn Islands) and had a memorable time releasing new born hatchlings into the ocean! All brilliant! And Bar 200.. very low key but great food and great service! Highly recommend. I only wish he had a iPhone for faster communication on the island ... this can create a little stress but when you’re with Gordon, you’re in good hands!

1  Thank Meicarol
Reviewed October 15, 2018 via mobile

We did our advanced open water course at Con Dao Dive Center and it was an amazing experience! Gordon was a very patient and relaxed instructor. We never had time issues or rushed dives. Every dive was either 50bar or one hour and surface time was at our own pace. We were only two for our course and learned a lot. Additionally the Dive Sites were beautiful! We had never seen such giant corals and so much aquatic wildlife. I would recommend Con Dao Dive Center any time and would book again. Thanks Gordon!

2  Thank C9329AQbens