“Nicely organized”

Mt Teide Stargazing Experience in Tenerife
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed April 19, 2018 via mobile

We had an Astronomic Small-Group Tour to Tenerife Teide Observatory with a stargazing session beside mountain Teide. It was really cool and guides were working hard to keep us excited with stars, stories and telescope in near to freezing temperatures (beware, dress to be prepared for zero temperatures and wind even in April).
We also really appreciated tour organization and helpfulness of our tour coordinator Lucia, very supportive girl!
This tour is a must when visiting Teide National Park, even if you don’t know much about astronomy from before.

Date of experience: April 2018
"watch the sunset"
"wings"
"soft drinks"
in 2 reviews
"would highly recommend this tour"
"sun setting"
"freezing temperatures"
"high winds"
"bring a jacket"
"light pollution"

Reviewed April 8, 2018

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed March 19, 2018 via mobile

I highly recommend this tour. You will see a world class observatory and then look at the stars with experts. Our guide, Jesus, was extremely knowledgeable and helpful in every way.

One piece of advice: if you’re prone to motion sickness, the mountain roads can be tough so take your Dramamine! But don’t let it stop you. It is so worth it.

Date of experience: March 2018
1  Thank Beverly J
Reviewed February 17, 2018

I lost my property in the car and I have been waiting for the partial refund because the cable car was cancelled that day. It has been a week after the tour but still no news about the refund. Sent multiple emails and phone calls to follow up my issues but never replied. Zero response from email. For calls, staff promised to follow up but never response after hanging up.

The pick up arrangement was messy too as the sent me a wrong address. I would give them a minus rating if I could.

Date of experience: February 2018
1  Thank makkwa
See more reviews
Reviewed January 17, 2018

Well organized, generally after the pick up
We were the only group at the observatory and the observatory tour and sunset was well organized and informative.
The evening star-gazing was OK. There were other groups there with both English and Spanish guides set up with separate telescopes. Information was informative, but is subjective to what can be seen at the time of year you go.
I travelled alone, and the guides at the lodge definitely spent much much more time explaining the process for the rest of the evening to the families and couples. I had to listen in to what others were being told in order to learn all the information I didn't get (I was just handed the star guide). But I found that typical all over the Canaries - there isn't much attention given to solo travellers.
It is COLD at night - dress for freezing temperatures.
The pick-up was a bit chaotic, I received an SMS and email telling me where to meet, but 10 minutes after the meeting time, I texted to ask if they were still coming for me - they had gone to my hotel, not the meeting point they told me to go to. This delay caused everyone else after me to also be delayed in their pick up - which the guide blamed on "traffic".
If you are one of the first people to be picked up, your day from pick up to drop off will be closer to 10 hours, not 8.
You'll be driven past a lot of amazing scenery on the way up the mountain and to the observatory - you will not be stopping to see any of it or learn anything about the Park or Volcano on this tour - which is unfortunate. There is a lot of time on the bus during which the guide could have been telling us about all sorts of other things about the park - but we did the 90minute drive in total silence.

Over-all, was a fun and educational experience, but there were many missed opportunities to add value.

Date of experience: January 2018