“Lovely venue...nice food, not superb”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of De Jonge Dikkert

De Jonge Dikkert
Reserve with
De Jonge Dikkert is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 117 Restaurants in Amstelveen
Cuisines: Dutch, European
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff
london
“Lovely venue...nice food, not superb”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

My boyfriend and I had an early dinner here last night, we managed to get a table easily. Gorgeous place, great service. There are several menus, the special recommended one, the Jonge Dikkert one, the a la carte one, and another - maybe too many. We opted for the set 3 courses which was the cheapest at 35 euro, which I thought was exceptional value given the detail on the menu. I was a bit disappointed at the end of the meal as I expected the food to be much better given the setting and the pricing but it was just, well, nice. My BF had the tarte tartin dessert which came with a blue cheese sauce/dressing - very over-powering. My starter of salmon was not as fresh as I would have expected. Veggies over-cooked. Despite those gripes that we did have a nice evening! The main was very tasty. Would I go again, probably not. But it really is a novelty to be in the windmill so its worth one visit for sure.

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
amsterdam
“a restaurant where I will definitely come back again”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

While you should always be careful in Amsterdam if you are going to eat in a particular location, the kitchen is often disappointing. In Amstelveen at `De Jonge Dikkert` fill special location, "De Jonge Dikkert" is located in the monumental 17th-century Zaanse sawmill, and good cooking together perfectly. With some colleagues I recently enjoyed the cooking that one well have mastered here. For one of the colleagues who is vegetarian, had the kitchen, according to him, created ​​delicious combination.
The hospitality I have experienced as a guest I miss so many restaurants in the Netherlands, here guests feel actually the guest. Her staff is professional and knowledgeable.
The menu is varied, the wine shows a nice variety of wines featured in various price ranges.
Any point of attention I can give is the bar, which is not large and right next to the toilets. However, this is no reason for me not to visit the Young Dikkert another time, I can recommend it to anyone.

Beaconsfield, United Kingdom
“Superb food, service and venue”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

This was my second visit to De Jonge Dikkert for lunch. After my first trip I couldn't think of a single fault with the restaurant and recommended it to family and friends who gave since been and also said same.
I wasn't sure if the second visit would live upto expectations (as places often don't) but I need not have worried. It was as good if not better.
We opted for the restaurants 3 course set lunch and it was great.
You can't help but be impressed with the place. It's a converted Dutch windmill and extremely impressive from the outside. The interior has also been fantastically done and creates a great atmosphere for its guests.
Highly recommend and only about a 10 minute cab or bus from Schiphol airport

Cavan, Ireland
“Superb lunch”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The restaurant is housed in a restored windmill. The food is superb. Service to match. A wide range of items on the menu. Good value

Visited May 2013
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“The best so far”
Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Having recently arrived in the Netherlands we are still trying out all the various restaurants. De Jong Dikker was an excellent find recommended by a work colleague.
As well as having an unusual and beautiful building the food and service were excellent. Staff very attentive with the restaurant Managers also very present and involved.
The menu is easy to use and we chose the chefs recommendation and were really pleased with the quality and presentation of the food
We will return in the near future.

• Visited April 2013