“Ambiance and fine dining, highly recommended!”
Review of De Jonge Dikkert

De Jonge Dikkert
Reserve with
De Jonge Dikkert is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 117 Restaurants in Amstelveen
Cuisines: Dutch
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Denver, Colorado
“Ambiance and fine dining, highly recommended!”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I was impressed to see the windmill outside this restaurant when we arrived. It dates from 1672, and has been at this location since 1896 (was a working windmill, now a landmark). We had an outstanding business dinner with four colleagues last night. Most of our group had the chef's special with 4 courses. Each came with creative presentations and was delicious. They have a great wine list too. It was a perfect evening, I would highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited July 2012

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
RISHON LEZION ISRAEL
“Excellent food, cozy elegant ambiance.”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

WE ate lunch. Gourmet dishes. Excellent service. Loved the place. An original location in the middle of Amstelveen.

• Visited June 2012
Vienna
“amazing”
Reviewed March 25, 2012

really amazing. I've been there with some colleagues and enjoy myself very much. Very nice ambiance with very nice service. The food was excellent, I had the chef's menu with 4 courses. The food is prepared and presented in a very nice way and the tast of every course was delicious. I can really recommend that, although it's a little outside of Amsterdam. Also very nice is the outside of the restaurant, an old windmill, very typically for the Netherlands :)

• Visited March 2012
Prague
“Nice upgrade, the sous-chef has been promoted”
Reviewed March 15, 2012

I have been to the Jonge Dikkert more or less regularly for around 12 years and I always supported them as I really like the Jeune Restaurateur concept. However, it is true that the last few years, I founded it a but boring, especially the food always being the same as well as wines on the card.
I went there again during the week and the experience both on the service and the food was a home run from the beginning until the end.
The presentation and the quality of food has dramatically changed and it is excellent... Towards the end of the evening, I asked our waitress if the Chef was new and she mentioned that he left during the fall and the sous-chef that was there for many years has been promoted to Chef. She was concerned...so she told me...you should see continuity...and I told her, absolutely not - this is much better.

Great move, congratulations to the new chef, go on with your creativity :)

• Visited March 2012
2 Thank LudoPrague
Belle Mead, New Jersey
“Excellent on all fronts”
Reviewed February 17, 2012

I had gone for dinner here with a large group of colleagues. Upon being told I was a vegetarian, the waiter assured me I would have an excellent dinkng experience, and I did. A sumptuous 4 course meal was served up. The soup, the sald, the excellent entree and delectable desserts were all outstanding. The atmosphere was intimate and it was definitely an experience worth remembering.

• Visited February 2012