Tripadvisor
Amstelveen
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews comfort suite the sofa bed great place to stay lucy's kitchen apartment hotel city centre small kitchen public transportation dining table top floor nice size staff were brilliant espresso machine coffee capsules tram stops away great option tram number
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was one of the best hotels I have stayed in. All the staff were extremely helpful and friendly. I was an on a bus all night and hadn’t slept I arrived at the hotel at 7.30 am and they had a room cleaned for me and had me checked in by 8.30am. The rooms are great, comfortable bed and very clean. Will definitely be back

Trip type: Traveled solo
Cityden, Supervisor at Cityden Up Amsterdam South, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Colleen,

Thank you for the great review. We are thrilled to see that you have a comfortable and enjoyable experience with us at Cityden Up. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed January 12, 2020

The apartment was perfectly clean and we really felt at home. We also loved that the kitchen was fully equipped and we were able to cook some meals at home. The only "down"side was that the hotel was a bit further away from the city center, and that's why my review only gets 4 bullet points. It was around a thirty minute tram ride from the station Biesbosch and you reach the center with tram line 5. Other than that, I would totally recommend Cityden up to other travellers.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the wonderful review following your recent stay at Cityden Up. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your recent experience with us. We hope you enjoyed your time in Amsterdam and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed January 5, 2020 via mobile

We stayed 4 nights for family trip and I chooses this hotel for low budget, I was not pretending to have luxury stay so it was more than ok for my expectations. The room is big enough for 3 person, I had some problem with the allergy since I’have allergy for everything, but it is ok, it was my problem. When we checked in, the room was smelling terribly, the kitchen air cleaning system was not really working. The neighbor room was making noisy entire night at the last night, we were able to hear all very clearly!

The distance from the center was around 6 kilometers, you can just take the tram number 5 and in 30 minutes you are at the centrum, but if you want to arrive at the central station you have to change and it will be around 45 minutes.

The hotel staff are really kind and helpful!

Trip type: Traveled with family
Cityden, Supervisor at Cityden Up Amsterdam South, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2020

Dear Qiyanz,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review following your recent experience at Cityden Up. Overall it is great to see that you enjoyed your stay. I am however sorry that you had a few problems on your first evening with the smell and noise from other guests. I am going to pass your comments on to all the team so we can make sure we do better next time.
We hope that you enjoyed our beautiful city Amsterdam and that we get the chance to welcome you back very soon.

Reception Supervisor

Reviewed January 2, 2020 via mobile

They charge me 47€ taxes for the stay for 4 persons. And ask me to pay again 9€ more at the checkout for the "taxes" that I already paid at the checkin.
It's about 45min to Amsterdam central and not 25min as they said . So at least 2 hours to go and back . No team in night time only taxi about 40 or 50€ .
Can find much cheaper in the center for the same standing.
Clean . Good beds. Nice bathroom.
No rooftop in the night time .
Have to smoke outside in the entrance of the building.
I don't recommend this place. Take a hotel in the center is cheaper and better

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear Houssn,

I am sorry to see that your recent stay did not meet expectations. Cityden Up is situated in Amstelveen which is just on the outskirts of Amsterdam, you can take tram 5 all the way through to Museum square which does take around 25 minutes however as you mentioned centraal station is a little bit further. It is a shame that the location was not as you wished. I apologize that there was confusion with the city tax, as of the 1st of January there was an increase in the City tax which is set by the Dutch government. We do hope this aside that you managed to relax and enjoy our beautiful city during your trip. Best regards, Paisley

Reviewed December 29, 2019 via mobile

We stayed in a triple room for one night, paying about 110 EUR per night. Also, there is a 50 EUR deposit, which you'll be refunded at the end of the stay.
Receptionist was very friendly, the room was perfect, and the price is more than fair... There is even a Nespresso coffee machine with 4 capsules waiting for you...
5 out of 5 from my side.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Cityden, Supervisor at Cityden Up Amsterdam South, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2019

Dear sk1pp3r, Thank you for your great review. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your recent experience with us at Cityden Up. We hope you had chance to explore and enjoy our beautiful city and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. We wish you a very happy new year from all the team. Best regards, Paisley, Reception Supervisor.