Camping Hostel Amsterdamse Bos
Alp de Veenen Boutique Hotel(Amstelveen)(Great Value!)
$113
$107
ibis budget Amsterdam City South(Amstelveen)(Great Value!)
$88
Grand Hotel Amstelveen(Amstelveen)(Great Value!)
$124
Agoda.com
$121
$117
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Amsterdam - South(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
$151
$142
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
NH Amsterdam Zuid(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
$205
$199
$103
  • Pool
Tulip Inn Amsterdam Airport(Schiphol)(Great Value!)
$116
$97
  • Restaurant
All reviewscamping sitebed sheets and towelslaundry areashop on siteminute showerrabbitclose to the airportcentral amsterdamforestpitchescycleessentialsroutefolkhr
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I was a little disappointed to be staying so far out of the centre of Amsterdam, but the area around the camp is beautiful. The forest behind the camp is amazing, very good for walking or cycling (bikes are available to hire from the campsite)

We stayed in 5 person apartment, sadly the mattresses and pillows were very uncomfortable. If I visit the camp again I'll be sure to pack my own bedding and pillow. The bathroom was very cramped, but our apartment had a shower on the plus side.
I would have preferred a microwave over a gas hob, but for the price I can't really complain.
The staff were very friendly and the shop had the bare essentials- sadly the nearest supermarket is a bit of a distance away.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We stayed in a woodland cabin over a weekend. It featured 2 bunk beds and an additional single bed. It came with a basic kitchen - hob, sink and fridge. Great seating area inside and an additional table on the porch. Wifi throughout the site, but it's patchy and stronger nearer to reception. Cabin also had a parking space. TV with limited english speaking channels. Shower and toilet were small but practical. Bedding is available to rent, but I didn't bother as it was already hot in the cabin. The mattresses are covered in faux leather covers, which make loads of noise when you move in bed.

It's a bit far from the centre of Amsterdam, you can either cycle (30 mins) or take the train (15 min walk then 30 min train) into the centre. It's easy to get to from the airport, just a 10 min bus ride on the 199 bus.

You can rent bikes at reception, but be aware that they only do adult bikes, if you have shorter guests with you, they may have trouble riding them. 50euro deposit and 18euro rental for 2 days. On site shop has the basics, but you're better off cycling 20mins to the nearest supermarket for supplies.

Very popular with school groups, so beware, there may be lots of noise.

Room Tip: Hire a car if you want to travel around.
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I stayed at "Het Amsterdamse Bos" for two nights due to a weekend-trip to Amsterdam.
We were looking for an accomodation as cheap as possible as we're all students and intended to be sightseeing and partying most of the time anyway.
Through for camping possibilities I got to know Amsterdamse Bos. We decided to rent a 4-person-cabin even though we were only three.

I can recommend this place to anyone without restraints!
Of course I had read the other reviews before booking and were a little frightened. However, we decided to book it anyway, given that it was by far the cheapeast option. The second cheapest cabin on another camping site would have been 100€ per 4pax-cabin and night. Here, we paid only half the price, 50€ per night which is almost ridiculously cheap!

Having stayed there, I cannot confirm any of the negative reviews.
We arrived late, around 10p.m. when the reception was already closed. We found our name on a list on the reception's window, just as we had been told in advance. Next to our name, the cabin number we had been assigned was indicated on that sheet. We found the cabin open with the key inside - everything just as we had agreed upon previously. Perfect!

The cabin was absolutely clean and tidy. I've seen a picture somewhere on these pages, where the cabin was moulded. I can absolutely not confirm this; our was super clean, no mold at all.
Cabins are small, only equipped with the two bunk beds, some chairs and a little table. Perfectly fine for that price. We were 100% satisfied.

The manager was also very friendly and helpful, even though we're all Germans and, as some of the former reviewers wrote, he appeared to be the biggest fan of German folks. With us, however, he was pretty kind and assisted us in everything we needed.

Only negative aspect was that at 8.30a.m. an employee knocked on our door quite heavily. He wanted us to hand-in an I.D. for check-in. Before arrival we were told to come to reception before 10a.m. the next morning in order to realize the check-in. Of course I had set the alarm in time to do so and found it very unfortunate to be woken up at 8.30a.m. even though 10a.m. was the agreed time.

Summarizing, this site is totally recommendable to anyone who comes to see Amsterdam and is looking for the cheapest option to sleep. Don't expect any luxury, but for sure clean and hygienic cabins and toilets for very small money. Anything you need for a short sight-seeing trip!

Take into consideration that it is 15km to the city center and there's hardly anything out here. Quite complicated to reach the city center by public tranportation. You should only sleep here if you have a car at your disposal.

1  Thank Frankfurt-Travel
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Initially disappointed that we weren't staying in central Amsterdam, I couldn't have been happier. Equipped with campervan and bikes, this is a perfect place to stay and from which to visit Amsterdam. Imagine starting the day with a glorious 9km bike ride to the city centre, most of which is through gorgeous park-like surroundings (Amsterdamse Bos) - an absolute delight. With the evenings at this time of year not getting dark until 11pm, it still allows plenty of ‘play’ time! Beautiful, open green space for camping and in mid-June when we were there, not at all busy. Facilities were excellent and reception accommodating when we arrived late the first day to check in (with no booking). Thoroughly recommend!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank awapiri
Reviewed June 17, 2013

The accommodations are great, clean, equipped with a fridge, lots of space... and so on. The prices aren't that high and the overall quality of the camping is good. But it is WAY TOO FAR from the city center of Amsterdam. And even if there's a bus (+ a night-bus) to take you there (it will take about 45 minutes, maybe more, i didn't check), the buses aren't even from the Amsterdam Public Transportation Company, so you will have to pay 5 euros for a one-way travel even if you have a GVB pass! What a scam... So I don't advise you to stay there unless you like commuting a lot, and for long times.