“Very nice restauraten and owner couple”

Taberna de Sao Vicente
Ranked #3 of 24 Restaurants in Sao Vicente
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Cash Only, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: A simple, friendly and cosy restaurant with a rustic feel, where the food is prepared with love and passion. Honest and simple dishes with our "touch".As we use to say: "it's our own dinning-room were customers are friends".On Sundays we close at 20:00. Monday is the "day off". Thank you. PLEASE NOTE: we don't accept reservations via internet.
Cologne, Germany
“Very nice restauraten and owner couple”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014

A very good restaurant, we enjoyed our two dinners here. The food is good and has a fair price. The owner couple and their employee are very very nice and we enjoyed our dinner. We celebrated my girlfriend's birthday and we got a surprise from the kitchen and a warm "Happy Birthday" from the crew. Thank you!

• Visited February 2014

• Polish first
Faja da Ovelha, Portugal
“outstanding !!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2014

We had a very nice dinner last sunday. Good steaks and exactly as we wanted them. rare but warm. Tasty fries and milho frito. Good ambience, very friendly host.... what would you want more. !!!
The home made shot of sugar cane rhum was a killer !!! (compliments of the house)
all in all... we will go back there: top AAAAA+++++++

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank raposeiradeSaoJoao
Madeira, Portugal
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Added Value in North side of Madeira Island”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

Our dear Belgian friends invited my wife and I to this establishment for a nice lunch. It was for us the first time. It is a small and simple restaurant, but with a very pleasing and intimate atmosphere. It reminds me of the 'eetcafes' restaurant concepts in the Netherlands ... locations that I prefer to visit when eating out.

I had the 'Espada á Camarão' (Black Scabbard dressed in a homemade shrimp-sauce) ... which made me revise my favorite Espada dish location and it moved from the south to the north side of the island.

The service was very attentive ... which is next to the quality of the food a very important issue for me when I visit a restaurant.

As this was my first visit to this 'taberna' and I only had one of their dishes, my review is limited to this visit, but from the reactions of my wife and friends the other plates are also worth for me a try ... and therefore I'm sure that I will come back again soon. Maybe in combination with a live music experience that they offer certain evenings.

For me this is a new added value for São Vicente

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Don A
Funchal, Portugal
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Foodie paradise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014

Cosy, attentive and quick. Food prepared with a special touch and made even more pleasurable by the fact that the owners are ready to "talk food" in detail and are very open to sharing their opinions and procedures. Definitely worth a second, a third....experience!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank robertandrespianist
Somerset, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014

Wish we had found this restaurant earlier on our vacation. Picturesque town and although the Taberna is not on the waterfront it is definitely worht a visit. Owners Berto and Zita the most welcoming of hosts. Food all fresh ingredients. Good wine list. Zita cooks and everything comes out of the kitchen quickly and shows love and care. Live music some nights. Love to go back!

• Visited March 2014