“Welcoming and with excellent food.”
Review of Taberna de Sao Vicente - CLOSED

Taberna de Sao Vicente
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: A simple, friendly and cosy restaurant with a rustic feel, where the food is prepared with love and passion. Honest and simple dishes with our "touch".As we use to say: "it's our own dinning-room were customers are friends".On Sundays we close at 20:00. Monday is the "day off". Thank you. PLEASE NOTE: we don't accept reservations via internet.
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We found a great welcome here. And the food was brilliant. The seafood rice with three types of prawns, papas, crab and mussels was a steal at 18 Euros for two people. Fantastic chilli seasoning available too!

Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

Excellent for families, open any time. My suggestion: "Arroz de mariscos" with white house wine. We have found our new home away from home.

1  Thank AndreaR8
Reviewed May 1, 2013

like everyone else - after taking print out of trip advisor's top 10 restaurants we decided to take a drive to S. Vicente and weren't disappointed. The black scabbard fish (which I was a little apprehensive about!) with banana was beautiful. The hosts were very sociable and gave us details of somewhere to rent locally next time we go to Madeira - unfortunately the tel no. didn't work so will have to contact them.
Food, service ambiance all excellent

Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

Had a drive over from Funchal and well worth the drive. Very friendly service and had some great food. Good value to boot. All in all a great resturant.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

I would like to share my experience with the food in this retaurant. The atmospheare is relaxed and laid back. Nice place to enjoy a nice lunch, dinner or a snack. i was ther for lunch one day and dinner another day. For lunch I had the lappesh and it was great :-). For dinner the second day I had the steak with mushroom saus and the saus was to die for. togheter with this dish I had the potato special with an twist also highly recomended. For desert I had icecream with local blackberrys, and I don`t have to say it but it wa good.The prices was below average for Madeira. The service was explended, there was only the owners that was drifting the restaurant, They did everything for us so we should have an nice lunch and dinner. I can also recomend the poncha with an twist (poncha with blackberry`s). Thank you booth for great service and food. I will definitely come back. Hope to see you soon.

Regards