Kitchen Bathroom
Bathroom
Garden
Bedroom
Breakfeast
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available
Overview
Private Room, 1 Bathroom, Sleeps 1
Sao Vicente, Madeira, Madeira Islands

Reviews from our community

Terrible - based on 1 review

Reviews from our community

FellowTra...
“DIRTY Sheets & Towel, FALSE Location/Bed Size Room #4/Private Carpark. Read Carefully before Renting”
Reviewed April 12, 2018 for a stay in December 2017
person found this review helpful

Before renting the Low Cost Room, Be Aware of the Following:
- Point on the Map is NOT correct: house is located 800m from the city center, and not near the River as displayed on booking map
- Bed shown in Room Single is NOT a Double Queen Bed (a single bed at max)
- Extras Costs are not Clearly specified and will double up or triple up your budget (10eur bedsheet, 5 euros Duvet + 5 euros towel = TOTAL 20eur supplement)
- No Blanket and no Chair in the Room, unbelievable
- 5eur for a Duvet being worth 7eur and not washed at each check out is a ripped off.
- Towel smelt horrible when wet, I had to take it outside the bedroom during the night. It had been used at least by 4 persons before me.
- Pillow smelt Dirty as well: at least 10 persons slept with it before me. I had to make a pillow with my own clothes !
- Wifi very slow in room 4 on 1st floor
- There is NO PARKING as mentioned

I could not Spoke to the owner when I discovered the dirty smell problems.
At check in, I only saw the old lady next door who hardly speaks English, took my money for bedsheet & Towel (10eur rental fee for 1 towel + 1 duvet) and gave me the keys.

When I spoke, the morning after to the owner, He did not recognize that the linen where smelling bad and did NOT smell it either !! Do Not expect even apologizes or a refund. I left after 1st night without having my breakfast, that was enough.

If you plan to rent out the cheap rooms, I recommend you to bring your OWN Towel and Pillow + Duvet + Blanket.
Otherwise you will have to bear dirty smells and/or double up your room price.
Be also aware that Room “#5 adventure” is less than 1m70 high, ie a cupboard: 7m2 as well as nearly 7m3!!

My opinion is NOT diffamatory, this is just a clear statement of Facts that I Experienced, whatever the answer of the owner will be.

Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Non.
Management Response
Apr 12, 2018
READ ALL PLEASE. – BECAUSE THIS COMMENT NEED TO HAVE RIGHT RESPONSE. This booked in booking.com, never in TripAdvisor and is replaying the same comment here. It is not a neutral comment, it is a payback comment.
Dear guest, our house allways try to give you th best holidays and work to improve our services. Saying that, dear host, for the minute that you arrive you refuse to pay the extra fee for bed sheets, and security deposits, rules that are already in our conditions on booking.com and we pre-advise with a pre-message (send to prepare yourself before your arrival). Affirming that, he can resolve all this problema if the guest contact us, but the host didn’t response to any message that we send him, neither send us any message. This guest Only speak with us in the check out, in the moment to receive the rest of the security deposit. Remember that we did to this cliente the lowest security deposit, because the right value that is 200€ and not 25€. He only pay in the chek in the security deposit missing the extra fee for the bedsheets and towel. All this PROBLEM that he exposed are not a problem to the host until the check out, BECAUSE during is stay IN ANYTIME HE CONTACT US about them: our location in google maps is right; the parking is empty and can park 2 host cars, only have to booked it; we only use BOOKING.COM bed classification that they give to us; the check-out is 10 am, but sometimes clientes keep in the house until the afternon; the breakfast starts at 7 and The kitchen was free to use it, cleanness is one of us priorities, and we clean THE HOUSE AND CHANGES THE CLOTHES ALMOST DIARY (DIFFERENTS BOKING CLEAN CLOTHES).
In the house rule we not permit other host to enter in other room without our authorization, and from the guest declaration he probably did, and it is a house rule violation. The hosts have the responsibility, Before they booked to see the characteristics, conditions and images of the rom, and if it doesn’t is or doesn´t have want the client wants, he don’t rent it.
We dont accept and condend comments like “ripped off,” when this comment is fill of connotation very pejorative and in our view ilegal, and we dont know how Booking.com could accept this.
About WIFI we already install a extender signal in the 1st floor and we resolve this problema. Like Booking aleady resolve our locations in there site.The guest lady have restrict English only when she in pressure, but she receive 50% of our booking, and people love her and we too. If people at the first words contradicts here, there not helping anything. Other suggestion that we agree if you want to bring your OWN bed sheets and towels it is your choice. We have room with different prices, with the lowest in the market, and diferente conditions, ones that don’t have bed sheets, blanket, and towels (for hygiene measures obligation the use of bed sheets), and others that have all of this. You only have to choose what is best to your Wallet or best to your luxury. Otherwise it will be always your responsibility that conscious choice.
The opinion of this host is defamatory, with arguments that could be penalized by the booking.com, because they are fill of hate and lays. This Facts, were never used by the guest in anytime of his stay. Only in check out., he spoke after using, about the bed sheets dirty and towel wet, but the weakness of this facts were so big, that when he was discredited and proven wrong, he payed, and now is using booking.com comment as a pay back. Shame on him and his conscious will pursue him whatever our answer. From our humble, hard-working, responsible and fulfilling House, the best regards. Enjoy It Home

Travelers are raving about these Sao Vicente hotels

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing