“M1 Northbound” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Tibshelf
La Vinuela, Spain
“M1 Northbound”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2013

Nice clean hotel, comfy rooms, coffee and tea in room, pleasant helpful staff, quiet location, 24 hour motorway service station a short walk away. When you come off the motorway, keep to the left all the way around until you get to the hotel. It's not well sign-posted. I mentioned this at check-in, "We know".... with a smile.
The only problem is it is only accessible from the northbound M1 unless you are very familiar with the local area country lanes. Don't rely on your satnav. Then you have a barrier entrance, push-button and speak. This is to stop the locals taking a short-cut to the motorway!
If you are heading south you would have to pass the southbound service area a few miles and take Jnt 28, A38 Derby slip road and head back M1 north. Next day you would have to head north a few miles to Jnt 29, the Chesterfield slip road to take the southbound M1. Bit of a pain really.

Room Tip: Don't trust your satnav to get access from the local country roads.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Michelle R, General Manager at Days Inn Chesterfield Tibshelf, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
I’m sorry that you had difficulty with the satnav and if this added extra time on to your journey.
We do have a barrier system in place which is connected to reception. Guests are welcome to use the slip road to gain access from both north and south of the motorway; all we ask is your name and room number to check against our guest list.
Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you again
Michelle Roberts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Bristol
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2013

Comfy bed let down by body odours in the bedding.

simple but effective bathroom.

tele worked if a litle pale.

breakfast voucher spent next door - do not be afraid to return your meal to the kitchen and take a refund. You are warned.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

1 Thank Charles M
I apologise that your experience was anything less than satisfactory and that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Fresh, clean laundry is used ready for the arrival of our guests. I’m sorry that you were also let down by the restaurant, I will pass your comments on the restaurant manager.
Poole, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

We chose to stay here as a group booking 5 rooms as a stopover en route to Sheffield.

Like others, the Sat Nav took us on a mystery tour and you have to ignore the no entry sign and press a buttom to gain entry. Exit back onto the M1 was easy enough. Unclear whether it is possible to exit straight off of the M1 so worth checking to avoid the detour.

We were checked in quickly and politely. Our room was on the first floor with 2 double beds and all the usual expected facilities were included, working and clean. The general decor was dated and needs a bit of tarting up. Although close to the M1 there was little noise and we could only here the TV from the next room. All reasonable good then.

My only cricism was the bed. It was very worn and one where you roll into the lower middle. When I lifted the duvet to see the base, it was two halves and both were worn and badly stained.

There is a restaurant on site or a MacDonalds a short walk across a bridge to the Southbound side. I cannot comment as we took our own food and porridge to eat in the morning.

Check out was fine.

Very reasonable priced and convenient. If you are looking for a bit extra comfort then try somehwere else but if you are on a budget and simply looking for a stop over bed then this might just do.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Your feedback is extremely valuable to us.
I’m sorry that the bed was less than satisfactory. I shall look into this problem and correct this. Please be assured these are not the standards we usually offer.
Thank you again for your review.
Woking, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

My partner & I stayed here for one night on 7th Dec. We were given room 20, which is a ground floor room set up for Disabled users, with two single beds. We had ordered a double, but never mind, we simply moved the beds together :-)
I found the room to be of a fairly good standard, with TV, shower, kettle, lights all working fine. The room was nice and clean, but I did need to ask for some loo roll, which was supplied quickly. The room was quiet and the beds were comfortable.
The only issue I had was finding the place, as we used the postcode supplied by LastMinute.com. First we went to the back of the M1 Services, which had a big red gate and an intercom that was meant to connect me to Reception. I tried a few times and had no response...I then phoned the hotel's number and also had no response, so I found another postcode that had been emailed to me by the automated booking service. It wasn't until Google Maps took me to some field near a farm and promptly had a tantrum, that I checked a few other websites to find the actual postcode for the M1 Services. Thankfully it only took another 20 minutes to go along the motorway and get to the correct location.
If you are trying to find this place, my advice is just to go on the motorway and use the RoadChef M1 Services postcode DE55 5SZ.

Room Tip: DE55 5SZ is the correct postcode for the Services area.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Michelle R, General Manager at Days Inn Chesterfield Tibshelf, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
I’m sorry that you had such difficulty finding the hotel and that this added an extra 20 minutes to your journey. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us .We will utilise your comments and try and sort this problem out.
I’m glad that you enjoyed the rest of your stay and I hope that we see you again soon.
Birmingham
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

A convenient overnight stop before a day dancing near Chesterfield. I had 2 problems: the bed was very springy and the walls between rooms too thin to cut out noise of family next door. Otherwise it was satisfactory for the price.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you for your review.
Im sorry that the bed was less than satisfactory. I shall look into this problem.
Thank you again for your review.
Inverness, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

Very clean room,comfortable, didnt try the services next door so couldnt comment on that.Hotel could do with a refurb looking abit drab...just want to mention the staff,ellen in particular what a great asset to days inn lovely warm welcome and couldnt do enough for us,keep up the good work.will stay again if we are over that way.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the review.
I will pass on your lovely comments to Ellen who will be really delighted.
Thank you again for the lovely review.
Kings Langley
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

Not easy to find using SatNav,takes you off jct28 then around lanes and village until you come to a no entry sign and you have to be asked to get in.Needs a good makeover.Room had paint peeling off,bathroom bit of mildew around edge could not leave bathroom door open as notice on wall said it sets of fire alarm from the steam..Dauvet to thin.Cups to small for a decent cup of tea.Needs more eating places on site.Bought a voucher for breakfast in eatery next door and with only about six of us to serve they forgot me.Had to wait long time.Receptionist very helpful that afternoon.Worst one i have stayed in so far.Could tell it is old as used key to get in rooms instead of an electronic card.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
I’m really sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We endeavour to ensure all our guests have an enjoyable stay in a comfortable environment and do apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. I’m sorry that you were also let down by the restaurant, I will pass your comments on the restaurant manager.
Michelle Roberts
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tibshelf
The Derbyshire Derby
#1 of 1 in Alfreton
The Boundary Hotel
The Boundary Hotel
#1 of 1 in South Normanton

Been to Days Inn Chesterfield Tibshelf? Share your experiences!