“Average” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Tibshelf
Manchester
“Average”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

Stayed overnight, booked through work, Receptionist on arrival think her name was Katie was a bit abrupt and I felt she could benefit from some customer service skills, however explained everything I needed to know about my stay so acceptable.
Room ok though could do with upgrading, slept ok even though off motorway, though could hear explicit noises from another room! which was somewhat off putting.
Restaurant next door typical motorway services food and overly priced. All in all ok for a cheap budget hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Michelle R, General Manager at Days Inn Chesterfield Tibshelf, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
I appreciate your feedback, I am sorry to read the issues you have encountered here at Days Inn. I am glad that you slept well and hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future.

Kind Regards
Michelle Roberts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012

Having stayed at this hotel previously and also after reading the reviews on trip advisor, I booked this hotel for an overnight business trip. I normally stay away on business four or five times a month and normally try to use Holiday Inn Express or Premier Travel Inn, however as I knew I would be arriving late, I booked this hotel as it is at the motorway services. I was checked in by a pleasant, friendly lady, who gave me my room key (room 6). As I walked to my room,I noticed that the carpet in the corridor was littered with debris and was dirty, particuarly round the entrance to the bedroom doors. When I entered the room, it smelled musty and I noticed that there was extensive mould growing on the ceiling of the bathroom and the grouting of the tiles were thick with black mould. The counter top of the bathroom had an abundance of white staining on it (as if it hadn't been cleaned). The carpet in the bedroom was filthy and stained and again appeared not to have been hoovered properly and the flimsy, old duvet cover was coming apart at the seams. When I pulled back the duvet, the bottom sheet was dirty, it looked like somebody had stepped on it with dirty boots, it had a brownish "tread-like" appearence on it. I went down to reception and told the lady that I would not be staying in that room. She came up to the room to witness it for herself and apologised profusely and took a series of photos of the bed stains, mould and counter tops and she gave me the keys to another room. I took my luggage to this room and this was in a similar condition, carpet stained with dubious white patches, staining on the counter tops of the bathroom and the duvet cover covered in "greasy" looking brown patches. Again I went down to reception and refused to stay there. This time the receptionist came up with me to show me a single room, this one had dark, hard shiney blobs on the carpet, with similar issues as the other rooms. She then entered a fourth room, looked at it and quickly closed it before I had a chance to view it. She said that all the rooms were of a similar condition and that the hotel was due a re-furbishment. I was at the end of my tether, it was midnight and I was due up again at 6am the following morning. I asked her whether she could find me another hotel and she rang Premier Travel Inn at South Normanton. She gave me the postcode and told me to go through a barrier that would take me onto the motorway and that the Premier travel Inn was 5 minutes down the motorway, but in the dark I got lost and the sat nav took me 14 miles out of my way. I eventually got to bed at 1am at the Premier Travel Inn (which incidentally was clean and comfortable). The receptionist at Days Inn told me that I would be contacted on Friday and given a full refund and compensation but to date I have received no phone call, email or text and have checked my bank account - no refund, so to date I have paid £40 for a room that was not fit to sleep in that I didn't use and £68 for a room at Premier Travel Inn. I will be taking up the matter with the hotel Manager and Hotels.com today. I do appreciate that this is a heavily used motorway services hotel, but mould is a health hazard and clean bedding is a minimum expectation.

Room Tip: If cleanliness is a priority, I would't advise using this hotel
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Michelle R, General Manager at Days Inn Chesterfield Tibshelf, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Here at Chesterfield Days inn we strive to provide the best service and standard. Sadly on this occasion these standards were not met.
Please contact the hotel and speak with myself so that we can fully investigate and resolve these issues.

Travelers are raving about these Tibshelf hotels

Liverpool, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

Was suprised how quiet this hotel is with, being on a motorway service station had a very good nights sleep,everything you need in the room coffee tea etc,my only gripe is when checkin in i was asked if i wanted to join somekind of scheme i stated i didnt then found out when i got up that i had been signed up to it, as a card was put under my door which i wasnt very happy about. If i remember, the ladys name was kate,i did think she was a bit pushy when asking if i wanted to join and abit sharp if i say so myself,so abit of customer service training wouldnt go a miss on this occasion.Other than that had a lovely quiet night and would stay again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Michelle R, General Manager at Days Inn Chesterfield Tibshelf, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for your review, im glad that you enjoyed your stay here at Days inn. Regarding the rewards card, i will contact Wyndhams and get you removed from the loyalty program, im sorry for any inconvenience this has caused to yourself and hope this doesnt deter you from booking with us in the future.
Regards
Michelle
Northampton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

Recently stayed for a quick overnighter and was very impressed at the service we received. The staff were very friendly and helpful, the rooms were clean and comfortable, and I was surprised at how little noise there was being on a motorway. We would definitely stay again :)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the great reveiw! I will pass these comments on to the staff who will be thrilled with the kind feedback!
Djibouti, Djibouti
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

The first thing that struck me was conflicting information on prices. Outside was a large sign stating that rooms were from £25, inside the notice stated that all rooms were £40. This was also confirmed through an internet search, I couldn't find any time that the lower price was available. At £25 it would have been good value, at £40 it was not.

The room was clean and the receptionist was helpful but it lacked any character. The catering was at the adjacent Services offering the usual motorway fayre at motorway prices. For £7.50 you can buy a voucher entitling you to £10 worth of food - sounds good except, as a single traveller I would use it for breakfast which was about £7.50.

For the standard of hotel I would have expected some sort of breakfast to be included at £40.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Sorry for the confusion with the room rate, the £25 room offer is only available when booked in advance and there is only a limited number of these rooms and they get booked up very quickly.
We hope to welcome you back soon and thank you for your feedback.
Baldock, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

have now stayed several times.great service at reception.even though on motorway not that noisy.clean room with condiments.towels provided. free parking.i was able to change my room to acomodate my little grandson.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Im really delighted that you and your grandson enjoyed your stay here at Days inn. Im pleased that you have commented on how quiet the rooms are, as we are situated quite away from the main road noise is not a problem.
We hope to welcome you back soon.
Carlisle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

Stayed overnight and found it to be a good experience. Very friendly staff and clean rooms well situated and set back from motorway with good parking. food in service area very basic but adeqaute.

Room Tip: Ask for an upstairs room to avoid elephants above.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tibshelf
The Derbyshire Derby
#1 of 1 in Alfreton
The Boundary Hotel
The Boundary Hotel
#1 of 1 in South Normanton

Been to Days Inn Chesterfield Tibshelf? Share your experiences!