“CLASSY PITSTOP”

The George Hotel & Brasserie
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Buckden
“CLASSY PITSTOP”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

Stopped off at The George Hotel on a winter weekday lunchtime for a bar snack to find the elegant bar area buzzing with clientele eating off a very reasonably priced and tempting bar menu. Soup of the day and a Caesar Salad were served promptly and beautifully presented.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

The George exceeded my expectations. It is a lovely building with a great sense of history but all the modern conveniences. I was made to feel very welcome as I was shown up to my room and the staff were both very nice and very professional. We were there for a special occasion and the meal and the service were superb. It was also excellent value for money and we will certainly be treating ourselves by going back again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Cambridgeshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

I stayed here recently and had such a nice time. Big room which was beautifully decorated (and with a nice view of the courtyard garden), lovely food in the restaurant and great staff! All public areas looked clean and tidy too.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

I booked to stay with my wife as it was a special treat for her cancer remission. the rooms were basic. the sevice at dinner was a disappointment a young girl served us and she didnt have a clue what she was doing apart boss the other staff about. the food was ok but the breakfast was amazing!! It arrived fast and hot and portion size was just right. i would definitly come just for the breakfast! The main was a disappointment we were distracted by banging and shouting from a loud man from the kitchen.we were informed by a waitress it was the headchef we were shocked.the poor staff he was shouting at i dare to imagine what they were feeling. we also heard swearing from him. i was very shocked this happened in front of the customers. the waitress serving was always flustered.she also was not dressed the same as the others.which i found odd. she was extremley rude slamming the plates. and getting our requests mixed up. .will only go back now if we are passing for a breakfast.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank raymond6
Chalfont St. Giles, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

Needing to break a journey on the A1, we stumbled on the George. The service was superb, friendly, comforting and professional. The food was great, the surroundings really pleasant, bright, modern and still cosy. The prices made it far better value than eating in a service station. Will definitely be back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Northampton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

I was looking for somewhere for my Husbands birthday, however I didn't want to travel far. I then remembered 'The George'. About 18 months ago my mother and I had happened upon it on a day out and had lunch. The lunch was excellent and I took the details of the hotel for a possible future trip. I found the details and booked, hoping it was as nice as I remembered. All I can say is that we had a lovely stay, the staf were refreshingly enthusiastic and welcoming - nothing was too much trouble. Unfortunately the weather was awful but the roaring log fire with the warm friendly welcome was resful in itself. The room was elegant and the bathroom large. They supply L'octaine bath products which was a lovely touch. Tea and coffee are not supplied in the room and the hotels explanation for this was that they prefer to bring fresh coffee or tea to the room whenever this is requested. We booked for dinner and both our meals were excellent, once again the service was fantastic and also very reasonable. Can't wait to stay again - do try it!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Starsmer
Cheshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

I have stayed here more times than I can remember. This latest stay is my third this year, and coincidentally the third review I have done. This stay was the first time my wife has joined me, the other trips being mid week business ones, and the presence of my wife, and more time to kick back really made the stay much more enjoyable.

To be fair, earlier this year I thought The George had rested on their laurels somewhat, but this was my second visit since I thought that, and I am delighted to report that this is officially once again - my favourite hotel in the UK.

Whether you're dining or sleeping, or both - The George is a great, built on service, establishment, which is well worth a visit.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dodgergammon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Buckden
The Lion Hotel
Huntingdon Marriott Hotel
Huntingdon Marriott Hotel
#4 of 9 in Huntingdon
Holiday Inn Huntingdon Racecourse

Been to The George Hotel & Brasserie? Share your experiences!