“Little India luxury”

Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Little India luxury”
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Four of us went to try out this place . Dont be fooled by its appearance gold was discovered in the muddy rivers and this place is certainly that. On the A47 next to 2 filling stations a closed down pub your first impression when you pull up is just a roadside cafe type place but upon entering its light airy the decor is excellent the staff are friendly and attentive but most of all the food is fantastic . Large helpings non greasy non oily taste bud tantalising dishes . Definately top of my list for indian restaurants locally. The best bit averages 7.50 per head thats with 2 bottles of wine ! Boom its a winner.

Wisbech, United Kingdom
“Would recommend!”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

A contemporary indian restaurant - don't let its location on the A47 put you off.
Lovey food, good service and very reasonably priced! Very good choice of dishes and offering of banquet meals including your choice of starter, main dish, side and nann.
Food delivered nice and hot with are surprisingly large positions. Visited several times now and. Haven't been disappointed yet. Really would recommend this restaurant!

• Visited March 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Well worth a visit and glad this was recommended to me”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I travelled to March (in Cambridge) for an overnight visit and asked for a couple of recommendations for places to eat. I was given a few options and was advised that if going for an Indian Cuisine Meal then 'Little India' was definitely the place to go. I was staying within a 10/15 minute drive from this location so decided to give it a go based on having no prior knowledge or experience of this town.

The restaurant certainly did not disappoint. We went at around 5.30/6pm on a Wednesday evening and at the time of our arrival we were the only people dinning. Service was very good, efficient but not too much (sometimes waiters and waitresses can hang around your table), but not here. Food was very tasty and enjoyable. I also noticed how reasonable priced the menu was, this was not just the food menu but also the drinks.

I had an enjoyable meal and evening here at the restaurant and am so pleased it was recommended to me and I gave it a go. Cannot complain about anything and would definitely come here again if I was in the area and would have no hesitation in recommending it to anyway in the area.

It is refreshing for an Indian restaurant like this to not only serve tasty and fresh food but to have service and décor that makes the whole eating out and dinning experience enjoyable and one to remember.

Well done, 'Little India', wish there was a restaurant like you closer to where I live :)

Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Delightful decor, fabulous food!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We haven't found an Indian restaurant that we really like in the area since the lease expired on our old regular haunt so we tend to wander around trying different places. We hadn't had an Indian meal for a while so we set out for Thorney Toll, some several miles from where we live. We chose this place because the reviews that we have read suggest that this place is somewhere special.
Upon sighting the restaurant, you would not think it is special-it is opposite a closed down pub and is situated next door to a shabby petrol station. Not letting that put us off, we approached the front door and immediately you could see that the interior of the restaurant was shiny and clean. The floor had black shiny tiles and the ceiling is full of very bright but inoffensive downlighters. In two large recesses in the ceiling are some lights that occasionally change colour.
We visited on a Wednesday night, and the place was quite busy. We were shown to a table and were offered complimentary poppadoms and pickles. Only one each but nonetheless, complimentary. Our drinks order was taken, cokes for wife and daughter and lager for me. Now I have never seen Mongoose lager before, so I had a go and found it to be quite nice. The price was good too, at £3.00 per pint.
We all had starters and when they arrived, the presentation was really good. I had the mixed starter and this came on a plate with separate sections for the mint sauce and another small section that contained a small cherry tomato. And not only was the presentation good the starter was great too,
Mains were our customary curry, tikka massala and my Madras and we all agreed that the curries were well above what we had been eating recently. The rices and the sides were good and piping hot as well.
As for the bill, we had four cokes and three pints, three starters, mains, rices, breads and a Bombay Aloo and without the tip it cost a quite reasonable £51.
There is only one down side, and that is the distance away from home. But rest assured, this will not prevent us from going there again.
Fantastic.

Wisbech, United Kingdom
“Third visit and will be the last”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Had two previous visits 1st class, decided to bring some friends and disappointed, had to wait over an hour for starters and they were cold, got brought someone else's main 30 mins later, ordered drinks and got them at different times, main was ice but after being so disappointed wont return

• Visited April 2013