“Poor standard of food and slow service”
Review of Memories of India

Memories of India
Ranked #2 of 6 Restaurants in Gorebridge
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Indian take away and restaurant on the A7 serving hot and delicious food - open everyday from 5pm until 11pm
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I had to sit for ten minutes before even being served. My drinks took roughly the same amount of time to arrive and I was starving after waiting for 20 mins. My food came about 15 mins later too.

My vindaloo wasn't hot enough after I asked for it being very hot. it was also on the aslty side and had too much paprika put in it which was highly unpleasant. My rogan josh was too tough and dry- the lamb was akin to leather. Furthermore it cost a lot!

The toilets were a little mucky and could do with a good clean.

Overall I had an unenjoyable experience here.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

Came here for a sit in anf must say that the place is very small but nicely decorated. Service here is terrific, fast and friendly.

However the food is bog-standard. My samosas were too greasy as so were my curries but they were more than edible.

The premisies appear to be clean.

1  Thank MartingKingston
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Me and my husband ordered a takeaway from this place the other week. The food is bog-standard of an indian meal. Some of the fried up foods were way too greasy for my liking and I only finished half my meal but the lamb curry was good.

1  Thank Azaleia W
Reviewed August 28, 2012

A nice place to eat as a casual thing but the food here could be better. The staff are just amzaing but the service is slightly too slow for my liking. The lamb dishes were too strong and heavy for me but the currys and breads were great.

1  Thank Deliaha F
Reviewed August 25, 2012

The service is friendly and quick. Drinks are served quickly and the food also comes snappy. There are a wide range of dishes to choose from. The tandori dishes are great! The house curry is also something special to try and I have it regulary.

The decor is exqusite, very regal and posh. I highly recoomend this place.