The hotel is situated between the railway station and the commercial port which might not be for everyone, but there are only 3 trains a day and the port is quiet but interesting. It has recently been upgraded to ***. We had an excellent room with a large and well-equipped bathroom, overlooking the railway station. Some of the rooms may be smaller. The welcome was excellent and a good continental breakfast was provided for 8€. The hotel has no restaurant but there is a large choice of good seafood restaurants on the quayside which can be reached on foot by crossing two sea locks – one for the commercial port and one for the pleasure and fishing port.
Le Treport is interesting.
· Queen Victoria landed here for visits to the French Royal family at the Chateau d’Eu which is nearby
· There is a free funicular railway to take to the cliff top with views all round
· There was a large 1st World War hospital there and consequently there are many war graves.
· There is a casino and cinema
· The fishing port is still busy and provides an abundance of fresh fish and seafood to the local restaurants
It’s an excellent low cost hotel.More