“Good burger and fries - at a price”

Buffalo Thai Cafe & Bistro
Ranked #20 of 95 Restaurants in Ko Lipe
Description: The restaurant concept on East Meet West; - Our menu have varie of food from Thai food to western food. - Fresh brew coffee available in breakfast. - We serve top 20 Thai Food, Salad, Steak, Pizza, Rib, Appetizer, Coffee, Drink, cocktail and more. With a warm welcome and good service.
Reviewed March 6, 2019 via mobile

You’re not looking at Thailand’s cheapest burger restaurant, but let’s keep in mind here that Koh Lipe, being a small island in the very south of Thailand, is generally a bit more expensive.
So, starting from 300 baht you get a pretty decent burger; in fact, it clocks in among the best I’ve had in Thailand.
The meat is well seasoned and flavorful, fresh lettuce and onion, the cheese tastes like it should and the bun, even though I was skeptical about the fairly soft dough, hold everything together neatly. No greasy mess at all, everything was kept in place very well(and colour me surprised here!).

I’ve had a lot of French fries in Thailand, and I’ve been disappointed by the majority of them so far. I don’t know what it is, but a lot of times you get half-finished, soggy fries that don’t taste of anything else but salt and despair until you drown them in brown sauce or ketchup.
Here, you guessed it, the fries were good. Very good actually. Crispy, nice texture inside with a good taste and a light paprika Flavour to boot.

The atmosphere of the cosy restaurant in a side-road off walking street is rustic and modern, it reminds you of all those hip, zeitgeisty Cafés which seem to jump out of the ground in bigger western metropolis like they provided carbon-dioxide filtration systems to the inhabitants. In other words: it’s good.

I’d eat here again after a good day of diving.

Date of visit: March 2019

Reviewed March 3, 2019

We only had a breakfast here, but it was really nice that I would definitely recommend. Fresh fruits, french toast, sandwich, etc., everything we had was more than expected!

I wish my everyday breakfast is like theirs...

P.S. If you are a guest of this hotel, the breakfast is included, so I also recommend to stay here as well.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed January 24, 2019 via mobile

The most basic burger cost 300 bahts. A bit expensive for cheese, tomato, lettuce and onion. Then it just gets more expensive. The extras are 40 for bacon, 30 for egg... It comes with side french fries.
The taste is not even good (nor bad), just average.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed May 30, 2018 via mobile

Stay there for 2 night during low season of koh lipe. Room is clean and comfy, I like the design with the big windows. Toilet also clean with hot water. The breakfast is great, yummy. Snorkling mask available for free. The stuff all very nice, not all speak english thou, but the person in charge speak good english. Ben explain to us about the island during check in. When we check out, George (I cannot really remember his name, but seems like george, sorry ☺️) arrange the free transport for us. Location is like 1 min to walking street.
Very recommended!

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed April 1, 2018

Ate here several times, the food is very good tasty and good size portions. The service is good, prices reasonable

Date of visit: March 2018