“Good food, bad service”

Monkey Restaurant
Ranked #38 of 95 Restaurants in Ko Lipe
Cuisines: Asian, Italian, Seafood
Reviewed January 30, 2019

Monkey Restaurant serves typical thai food. I went there several times and every time it was very tasty. Unfortunately service is not that good. Waiters are kind, but service in general is not well organized. I needed to wait many times quite long time. Once, by waiter's mistake my dish was taken to other table. Table was crowded so nobody noticed. I was waiting more than hour asking if my dish will come... After one hour I spoke with an owner. He made investigation and the fault was discovered. Finally I got my dish after aprox. 90 min. What was the most surprising I didn't even got any discount to compensate such a big delay!

Date of visit: February 2018

Reviewed December 31, 2018 via mobile

Have been in Koh Lipe for 3 days and came here for breakfast. Was shocked to be served a juice in a takeaway cup. What is going to happen to our planet when everyone decides they can’t be bothered doing the washing up and just uses disposable cups instead?

Ordered papaya salad. Was not good. Kids had pancakes - very dry and not even the chocolate sauce could save them. Grotty place. Walk an extra 10 minutes and go to sunrise beach instead.

Reviewed December 26, 2018 via mobile

We initially came in to buy some coconuts ( that were really good though ). Then E chilled a bit the time came for lunch so we decided to eat there. We ordered green curry which was good also. Then we asked the waitress how was the fish and she proudly said that her boss goes out with is boat every day to fish and the fish is fresh. Really disappointing when the fish came. The fish was already cut in pieces and as we tasted it the smell ( covered by the smell of the lemon sauce ) was terrible and the taste even worst ! I assume this is not acceptable as they lied to us. I definitely not recommend this place.

Reviewed December 15, 2018 via mobile

3 out of 5 means sufficient for me, not more than this. We took a pad thai with chicken, noodles with soya and seafood and squid tempura. Being on the sea trying chicken it's probably not the best idea, but still as a product on the menu it can be judged and it wasn't good enough. There wasn't really much taste to it.
The noodles with soya sauce and seafood were good, nothing special though. The worst thing we had was the squid tempura: literally 5 fried squid rings, with more than half of the plate filled with salad. This was really disappointing, also for the price: 200baht, around 40baht per squid ring (more than 5 euros, we had way better and more rings in another location, for 180baht).
It is still a really wonderful location on the beach with chill staff, but I would maybe recommend it for a chill night rather than a dinner.

2  Thank giovannidR5784FN
Reviewed May 27, 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed sunset on comfy beach set up
We relaxed on bean bags chilled listening to music and people watching on the beach
Washed down with the cocktails of the day pina colada
Best cocktail that I’ve had on Koh lip
Friendly staff
Toilet is good !
Can’t wait to come back here for a night time party session !

Date of visit: May 2018