“Food was bland and overrated”

madame yoo hoo " The Restaurant"
Ranked #23 of 94 Restaurants in Ko Lipe
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Thai
Reviewed March 6, 2019 via mobile

We came here our last night because we ate at most of the places that was suggested. This place seemed busy and madame yoo hoo was nice.... so why not. We got sat immediately and got our drinks and ordered our food. However,we waited an hour for our food. We were fine with it since we were in no hurry. When the food arrived, we were disappointed. It was small portions with hardly no meat and all the food was bland. Papaya salad had no spice. Curry was watered down. Fried beef with basil and chili tasted funny. It was edible but I would recommend going to papaya mom before you come here. You do pay for what you get.

Date of visit: March 2019

Reviewed February 23, 2019 via mobile

It took us a long time to get our food, also it was not exactly what we have ordered.
During the waiting period we were informed that something was no longer available, but no request if we want to order something else instead.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed February 13, 2019 via mobile

I went twice. Once I got a mango smoothie and it was great and a good price so I went back for the pa nang curry and asked for it little spicy. I don’t know if they actually altered the recipient due to some communication issues since I don’t speak Thai, but I received a bland flavorless curry. Again maybe it’s because I asked for little spicy but I wasn’t sure if they understood what I was saying.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed January 31, 2019

We ate here on our first night on Koh Lipe and were disappointed. The food was average, lacking flavour, and served in small portions. Prices ok compared to the surrounding more modern restaurants but we found much better when we took the time to look around.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed January 23, 2019 via mobile

really good food for very cheap prices. we ate here for breakfast, lunch and dinner cause it was so good.the pancakes with chocolate are amazing, the hamburgers as well. + u get to listen to a cute thai lady that yells “Yooo Hoo” 5 times per minute

Date of visit: January 2019