All reviews mosquito net bungalow with sea view sunrise beach air con walking street nice beach stayed days double bed view is amazing hot shower beach bar water pressure few steps small island gypsy fan lipe
Selected filters
Reviewed March 19, 2019 via mobile

This is my second time here at gipsy. Great location, super accommodating staff & quiet. Less than 2 minute walk to Walking Street and less than a minute to beach. Plenty of great food nearby and convenient store is just nearby. Get a mosquito repellent from nearby pharmacy if thats your concern. I would recommend this place to everyone.

Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed March 19, 2019

We walked from the jetty and after asking a few people found the resort. We booked the beach view suite, though you can't really call it a suite. Staff were friendly, but you really don't see them. Reception seemed closed after dark. Lovely view from terrace. Nearly right on the beach, a couple of bungalows in front of us, but we were upstairs, so uninterrupted views, ( almost). Only 2 grumbles though. Wi fi was poor and no kettle in room. Island is expensive though so a longer stay would have hit our budget. We stayed 2 nights and chilled out.

Room tip: We paid extra for beach view room. The rooms at the back of the resort seemed the same but looked directly at each other .
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 7, 2019 via mobile

The staffs are very friendly. They escort us to our room, to makesure everything in the room in order.
They provide mosquito net in the room which I find it very nostalgic..
And the most important thing, it is near to the sunrise beach eventhough need to walk around 1km from Koh Lipe Pier.
We managed to catch the sunrise.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed March 5, 2019

We accidentally double paid but the stuff was so nice that they returned us the money through Paypal. Ko Lipe is an incredibly beautiful island and this place is right on the beach. There are many boats docked on this Sunrise beach and their motors are a bit loud but it's convenient to arrive and depart.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 13, 2019

My third trip here, the Baht now 40 to £ and Thailand is feeling expensive although it's not all their fault. There’s always island tax on things but it’s feeling more so, here, we can’t seem to go out for a meal without it costing 1000 Baht each and that’s with only one beer so be warned.

Gipsy resort is well run, I have a little bungalow with a double bed, mosquito net, hot shower and hammock. I’m feeling 1550 Baht is over priced for what I’ve got, I was expecting more, no sea view, no drinking water and almost £40 a night......having just come from a lovely cheaper hotel in Bangkok...the contrast is amazing and Gipsy is offering nothing in comparison.

Watch out for the hammocks here, the cord snapped on mine in C15 and I hurt my back, then I got in my friends in V5 and got flung to the floor again! I managed to fix my own hammock in C15 but my friend and I have asked 3 times now for the hammock in V5 to be replaced and it is still broken, which is rather frustrating as it’s so lovely to use the hammock with the gorgeous sea views.

Also I seemed to be sharing my Bungalow with many Cockroaches every night I had to remove them....once from my bed !

The guys here are lovely and so friendly, there’s no daily maid service unless you request it and its expensive for what it is. but the view is amazing and it's really relaxing. I will visit again but it will be for a shorter time considering the cost.

Room tip: Ask for a view, I was rather disappointed with my room.
Date of stay: December 2018