“Excellent value for money”

Mali Resort Pattaya Beach Koh Lipe
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Ko Lipe
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We stayed at the Mali resort early April 2013 and loved every day there. I have spent around 5 months travelling around Thailand and S/E Asia over the past 6 years, and I would definitely say that the garden wing bungalows at Mali resort have been some of the best value for money accommodation I have experience during this time.

We paid AU$50 per night for our bungalow. The room was basic but has a new bed with new bedding which was extremely comfortable, a large flat screen TV, air conditioning, a safe and hot water. The rooms were cleaned daily with new towels provided, and beach towels were provided at the bar for use on the beach.

The location of the resort was perfect - up the quiet end of sunrise beach and in easy walking distance to walking street. The water was crystal clear and not as crowded with boats as some of the other beach areas on the island.

The staff were friendly and helpful, and the resort itself was well set-out. The only issue I could think of would be if it rained as the common areas including the restaurant are not undercover, however there were blue skies our entire stay so this was not an issue for us.

All in all, we loved our stay and would definitely stay there again :)

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 21, 2013

I visited Mali Resort in march and was rather satisfied. The location on the beach was excellent, the service and the breakfast was wonderful. Furthermore the bungalow was delicate and comfortable. And the outdoor bathroom made the whole experience slightly exotic. The negative experience I had was concerning cleaning. It seemed like my room had not been used for some time because when I put on the fan in the roof dead insects were blown around. In addition there were some cobwebs along the roof. On my second day I experienced that my dirty towels were taken but never got any new.
But aside from the cleaning, which may have been a mistake, the hotel was wonderful.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Marte A
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Overall stay was very pleasant - Mali is one of the nicer resorts on the island. Very chilled atmosphere. Staff very friendly. Breakfast good. Price very reasonable compared to other places on island.

We booked an airport transfer via Mali from Hat Yai airport to pier, speed boat to Koh Lipe. Very easy and reasonable price. The only issues we had were with the general organization (government fees etc) of getting to the island. "All boats", although I watched many that didn't, have to anchor up against a barge which acts as a floating check point were everyone has to pay a fee to enter the area and a clean up fee for litter. Don't mind this at all but it wasn't mentioned and a number of people were clearly irate. Also on return leg of transfer the barge had mysteriously disappeared onto another side of the island, so our transfer boat took us to it, we all clambered up in rough sea only to be told to get back on boat by barge staff as our boat was now leaving from the beach. The boat driver was just as confused as us. Transfer from boat to car was fine after we found the driver who was supposed to be waiting for us. Wasn't there so walked to office of company we first came with and they found him. As I mentioned not really a resort issue but more so the company which Mali uses.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I was lucky to have my room only second to room directly on beach because the view is amazing out onto one of the nicest and whitest beaches in world. The room was balinese style with vaulted ceiling and huge outdoor bathroom which was larger than some rooms I have had in Hongkong. I got used to the sounds of the longtails and really liked the addition of more restaurants and stores on island. It always felt special coming back to room and sitting on porch or just enjoying this tropical setting. This part of Pattaya beach is more quiet ( for now)and has much less boats and foot traffic than the other end :-).

Getting a room with beach view will make your stay that much better and more relaxing.
I would return in a minute!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 14, 2013

i enjoyed the stay here! large room and bathroom, good water pressure.
Very comfortable bed but the duvet a bit too warm. Room has both fan and air con, a small safe, a tv and DVD which we did not use. Breakfast was tasty. Resort has own beach loungers with towels, a massage tent and snorkel gear for use.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Crystal clear turquoise water, white sand, good friends, new friends... We stayed at Mali nearly for two weeks in Balinese ocean view bunglow - VERY NICE! The outdoor bathroom was awesome. Staff was great. Have to say, Mali is the best place at the whole island.

We had a best time! B2 and B3 are coming back ;) See you all next year!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 12, 2013

We have returned from Koh Lipe island about two weeks and we really enjoyed to be there.
Mali Resort is right on the beach and very well integrated in the surrounding landscape.
Our stay at Mali Resort was very nice and it was with great nostalgia that we leave to Bangkok...
I strongly recommend this hotel that, above all, has a great standard for the price we have to pay to stay there.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family