“Shhhhh.........Keep it a secret”
Review of Lipe Beach Resort

Lipe Beach Resort
Wickford, United Kingdom
“Shhhhh.........Keep it a secret”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Staff, service and accommodation at Lipe Beach Resort all get 5* in my opinion. Koh Lipe is an island I keep returning to and after having stayed at 3 other places on the island Lipe Beach Resort is without doubt the best.
As a single traveler I felt safe at all times and all of the the staff go the extra mile to make your stay as special as possible.
In a fantastic location on the island, far enough away from the loud music and partying on Pattaya beach but close enough to walking street for food in the evening.
The rooms cleaned on a daily basis and the resort itself looks immaculate with pretty flowers and plants growing in amongst the bungalows.
With good quality mosquito nets, 24 hour power, free wifi, the best view over the ocean ever and it has everything............just don't tell anyone!!!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
5 Thank kayfrench

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed October 23, 2012

This is the style of accomodation of years gone by, beautifully kept bamboo bungalows full of character. Ensuite bathrooms with sand pebble floors cold water shower but that's ok. The bungalows all have fans that I never had to use and are all provided with mosquito nets. The resort provides meals and drinks at good prices and has a travel service desk. Free wifi and no TV but really you don't need it. The bar has a great collection of music, and won't keep you awake closing fairly early. The resort is only minutes walk from the main shopping area. There are some more upmarket bungalows available and family rooms with AC. The beach would have to be the nicest on the island. For those of you that remember the old days of Thaliand this is the place to be having been in the tourism business for many years. Great staff Great Location. No ATM's as yet on the Island however you can withdraw money on a credit card at the castaway resort a few minutes walk away. Cash only at the resort at this stage so just keep that in mind. Enjoy.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank MicWatson
Lauf an der Pegnitz, Germany
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We stayed there twice within weeks and loved it each time. Friendly owner and staff, good beach bar, easy handling with check in/out, clean bungalows and ...best location!!! Basic but original bamboo huts, very romantic and a bit of thw village feeling as in The Beach.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JungleTom05
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed September 28, 2012

We are long term travelers with basic needs - general level of cleanliness and enough space for our (minimal) stuff. Although this place was clean, the amount of creepy crawlies we encountered was a bit too much for me. There was enough space for our stuff, but it all had to be on the ground and that's where the bugs were.

The rooms are small but sufficient. We were the only guests staying here for at least 2 nights. Our room was right on the beach with a perfect view of the ocean. These rooms have better views than many of the more expensive places on the island. On the front porch of the bungalow there is a raised platform to lay on. One thing I really liked was the public shower head in the common area out front of all the bungalows...great to use on your way back from the sea/sand.

We had a lot of cockroaches. The bathroom was especially a magnet for them with the openings between the wall and ceiling. We burned mosquito coils non-stop. Also, our room had these weird sand trails (less than 1cm wide) going around the walls and eventually we noticed them over the ceiling. If some sand was brushed off, it would reveal a larvae thing crawling around. I got really creeped out and could not sleep for fear of the sand/larvae falling on me.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LifeDocumented
Erawan L, Manager at Lipe Beach Resort, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thank you for your kind and honest review. We do appreciate all the kind words and have taken the matter of the Creepy Crawlies in to serious consideration and taken serious action to prevent similar experiences from happening again. Every Bungalow has been and will be sprayed on a relevant interval with the appropriate products to make sure that the Creepy Crawlies are not longer comfortable in staying in any of our Bungalows. We have checked with our guests consistently for the past month and have received no further complaints about them being accompanied by unwanted Creepy Crawlies. We hope that despite your experience we will see you again!
Hat Yai, Thailand
Reviewed August 9, 2012

What I appreciate the most about this resort is the overall environment of relaxation. I felt like the details were all taken care of and I could just relax and enjoy. The staff were all genuinely happy and caring and made me feel sooo welcomed. My bamboo room was 10 steps from the crystal clear water and gave me the feel of a perfect Thailand island paradise. They are located on the most beautiful part of Lipe and have clown fish, angel fish, multicolored corals and much more right in front of the resort. I keep going back because I have not found anything that compares to the experience I get at Lipe Beach Resort. Thanks to everyone that made my much needed vacation a true relaxation experience.

Room Tip: I have now stayed in a variety of rooms and I love them all because I find they all function the sam...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Jackie_Jeanne
San Diego, California
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Im so exicted to have this very special place here on trip advisor! I have been to this very special, and now very popular island in Southern Thailand several times, and this unique place on Sunset Beach, still holds the beauty and serenity of this island. The resort is has choices of three rows of bungalows, depending on your budget and choice of view, all great choices! I started up in the front row, and decided to stay longer and moved to one in the back, and loved them both! Lipe is growing and changing, but these bungalows are built to give you the feel that you are staying in something unique and original. I loved the outdoor, open air enlosed bathrooms! Very comfortable beds too!There was plenty of hammocks to lounge in as well. The property is really clean, and charming, with a great restaurant and bar with lounge beds, and fun bar. They even have free wifi! The beach is the prettiest and most quiet on this side of the island as well, the sunrise side, but still super close to walk to the main beach, which has lots of bars and shopping . I prefered to stay on the quiet side, and only visit the busier side, a much better way to spend a vacation!The staff is great and the manager Erawan, is so sweet, and will really make you feel like a guest in her home while you are there. She always greeted me with a beautiful smile and welcome, and I would highly recommend this special place to everyone staying on LIpe!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends