Tripadvisor

from $95.83
from $511.09
from $106.48
More Info
All reviews dive sites eco lodge dive shop diving experience fun dives open water sunset tour diving equipment shrimp thanks guys diving center marine life great diving dive school special thanks diving course amazing experience
Selected filters
Reviewed April 6, 2019

We had a brilliant week diving with Adang Sea Divers. I am an experienced diver and did some fun dives with my own dive kit while my partner completed his PADI open water (he did the e-learning at home before hand - recommended as it means you spend less time in the classroom on your holiday).
Communication with the team before we arrived was speedy and gave us all the info we needed which is really helpful.
On our first day on Koh Lipe we headed over to the centre to complete some paperwork and sign up for dives the next day. I was also allowed to keep my kit here for my whole stay which was super convenient.
My partner completed his open water certification with Kris and Marco who were both brilliant - making the course fun as well as making sure the students learnt and understood the skills etc. The kit they used was all great. Marco clearly has a passion for making sure his students are up to a good level (which means I now have a diving buddy with great buoyancy control straight after completing the course so thanks for that!) and also ID'd lots of interesting critters for the students on the dives which was great.
On my fun dives we went to sites including a couple round Talang Island as well as Stonehenge (one of the best spots in the area with lovely colourful soft coral). We also happened to time our trip well for some days of really small tides so that we got to go to sites that even the DM's and Instructors had only been to a handful of times as the current is normally too strong - Ko Pung and Seven Rocks (which was my personal favourite and one of the nicest dive I have ever been on). The DM's/guides on the fun dives (Marco, Dan, Myrtille, Jeenie, and Jo - who was training to become a DM), were friendly and attentive underwater and really made our diving experience fantastic.
I thoroughly recommend diving with these guys - perfect balance between friendly and professional. The speedboat made getting to sites quick and easy. I also loved that it meant we only ever dived in small groups as it's a much nicer experience than sharing a dive site with huge numbers of divers (some of the other companies on Koh Lipe seem to dive from enormous boats with dozens of divers on). They are also a Green Fins dive centre which promotes environmentally friendly diving practices which is great and the pre-dive briefings, especially at sites like Stonehenge where there is lots of beautiful soft coral, really stressed the need for good buoyancy control and careful finning etc.

Date of experience: March 2019
Reviewed April 5, 2019 via mobile

We loved diving with Max.
He was funny, attentive and took good care of us. On our second dive we saw amazing fish and coral.

1  Thank Freebs123
Reviewed April 3, 2019 via mobile

Great guides: Dan really helped my wife get comfortable on the first half of our dive when she was having trouble w her mask and buoyancy and Maxi is a local and micro specialist. I’d definitely trust them to guide my dives again and for the best diving experience. Very knowledgeable, friendly, helpful, and relaxed. They limit dive groups to
I did Stonehenge, Seven Rocks, and Talang Wall. Great colors and one of the healthiest coral communities I’ve experienced outside of Indonesia. Magnificent stone fish; the biggest I’ve ever seen—gorgeous. Also giant golden trevally and beautiful nudis.
If you’re in Koh Lipe

Date of experience: April 2019
1  Thank ecuhead
Reviewed April 2, 2019 via mobile

Me and my friend visited the dive center and asked the dive instructors for a nice place to dive and they recommended us to go to a place near on the other side of Lipe (Pattaya beach). As I remember I dived there ten Years ago and already then you didn’t see much down there. anyway we joined the tour and were at the dive center 30 min before departure. The dive master was first 45 min late, didn’t get any excuse. If your late I assume you speed up a little but no, instead he takes a chill pill and eats some lunch and chit chats with some girls. Ok, we were not in a hurry, but come on.. as I had in my mind the diving spot was waste of time. Nothing to see still ten years later. The dive master also did his own thing and didn’t really care about us and he just swam away. On the top of it, when we returned to the dive center and would clean our equipment and put our diving shoes on the shelf, some smart Einstein had put an 220v socket where you put the wet shoes. Guess what, got a hell of a kiss from that 220v. Lovely ending of this spectacular (non) experience. Told the crew about the situation and no one cared, didn’t even ask how I felt or if could do anything for me.
No this was not really worth either my time or money.

Date of experience: February 2019
4  Thank Addehd
Reviewed March 24, 2019

The trip is very interesting in terms of sharing and friendship built with the divers i.e. guests and dive masters. This is one of the high ranked memorable dive trip I've had.

Date of experience: March 2019
Review collected in partnership with this attraction